Monday, January 22, 2018

Clydesdales: Reimagined

Hey Jammers, Arctic here! I hope you all are doing well. I apologize for my sudden absence on Animal Jam and the blogs I post on! For a full explanation, check out my post here: http://theanimaljamfriendshipcommunity.blogspot.ca/2018/01/arctic-has-returned.html

Once again, I apologize for this! Now, let's get into the post shall we?

Clydesdale Horses recently came to Jamaa and.... yeah. That happened.



Hey, yeah, they're kinda wonky looking but they're a little cute if you really look at them... I made a decent outfit for mine too:


Personally, I think they look better as moose:


But really! They're not that terrible-


Is the chunky moose horse dabbing. Chunky boy no. Bad moose horse. no. please no. no. BURN IT WITH FIRE

*violent screaming*

Ahem.

SO yeAh. They're noT tHat BaD *crying*

Enough with the hate though. I decided that I would reimagine Clydesdales as how I think they might be in game.

Before:

After:

The neck seemed way too thick on the AJ clydesdales to me. It kinda surpassed 'cute' and became 'concerningly large'. Clydesdales in real life definitely are a stockier breed, but not THAT stocky.

I decided to slim it down a little bit in mine. It still looks pretty stocky, but more realistically so. (I messed up a little on one of the front legs though)

I also changed the mane colour. I couldn't find any pictures of clydesdales with their manes being the same colour as the muzzle colour. So, I decided to recolour the mane to match the iconic clydesdale colours. I also gave the mane and tail a shape touch-up to look more flowy.

Apart from the one front leg, I'm pretty happy with my quick edit! What do you think?

Overall I still like the new Clydesdales (or Fat Dabbers as my fellow bloggers have been calling them), but I definitely think AJHQ could have done so much more with these beautiful animals.

That's all for now friends! See you around!

4 comments:

  1. Arctic, your edit of the Clydesdale makes it look WAYYYYY BETTER. :O The chunkyness of the new horse just doesn’t appeal to me at all and I don’t think I’ll ever buy one. XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your edit of the horse makes it look a LOTTTT better! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I agree with them, XD! Certainly looks better imo!

    ReplyDelete

This blog is for Jammers of all ages, so there are some comment rules:
LINKS MUST BE ANIMAL JAM RELATED, AND APPROPRIATE!
Don't post links to unrelated or inappropriate websites, or your comment won't be approved.
NO BAD WORDS!
Comments with swear/curse words will never be approved! Keep your comments clean.
BE NICE!
Keep your comments kind! Constructive criticism is appreciated, but bullying of any kind is not.
NO PERSONAL INFO!
I will not approve comments containing or asking for personally identifiable information!

Thanks for visiting The Animal Jam Artists Collaborative!