Thursday, November 16, 2017

Anatomy

Good morning/afternoon/evening/night, bones! Today, I'll be talking about.. The benefits of learning.. ANATOMY.

Personally, I struggle A LOT with anatomy on people, dogs, cats, birds, fish, pretty much anything. And that's why I've been making myself do it more. It's not fun. It's hard, real hard, but, I know it'll pay off soon enough. It's great to know anatomy, even for cartoony styles like mine because you need to know the rules before you break them.

If you know how the anatomy on.. A human, for example works, you won't struggle a lot to draw a pose or position. You'll know the limits of the human body and stuff like that. And, it becomes much more fun drawing humans! Not saying you HAVE to learn anatomy, but it's highly recommended.

Now.. A few human anatomy practice drawings from my sketchbook.




Keep in mind, that's only a few. You have no idea how many figure drawings and flour sacks are in my sketchbook, aha ^^ (I also have a few muscle and bone structure, and just a regular male and female body but those are a bit weird so I won't show them)

The flour saks are basically the torso, and the little dangly bits are the arms and legs. You can see I transitioned some four sacks into people. 

The figure drawing are to help with the overall shape of a person, and expression through the body.

Anyways, I gotta go now.

See you next post, bones.

2 comments:

  1. Gahhhhhh, why does everyone’s sketches look SUPER amazing when they are supposed to be rough sketches?! XD

    Honestly, I enjoyed looked at the different poses you have made! It was so fun!! :D

    ReplyDelete

This blog is for Jammers of all ages, so there are some comment rules:
LINKS MUST BE ANIMAL JAM RELATED, AND APPROPRIATE!
Don't post links to unrelated or inappropriate websites, or your comment won't be approved.
NO BAD WORDS!
Comments with swear/curse words will never be approved! Keep your comments clean.
BE NICE!
Keep your comments kind! Constructive criticism is appreciated, but bullying of any kind is not.
NO PERSONAL INFO!
I will not approve comments containing or asking for personally identifiable information!

Thanks for visiting The Animal Jam Artists Collaborative!