Monday, November 13, 2017

A Fox in Progress!

Greetings Jammers, Arctic here! How are you all doing today?

Lately, I've been getting more involved in making more AJ style art for people. While this latest one isn't finished yet, I thought I'd go ahead and post my progress so far!

I started with a traditional sketch. At this stage it was quite messy- but it had the basic lines and everything I needed to get started!


I then got to the digital lineart phase (the background is gray at the moment so that I can see the lighter coloured lines). Since AJHQ uses a line-less art style, all of these lines will end up becoming a part of the main fill later (if that makes any sense)


Here's where I am now. It has a huge watermark on it for the time being (for security reasons) so it might be hard to see some things! At this stage I have the basic fill in, but as you can see I don't have any shading, a background, and the eyes haven't been properly coloured yet. The piece is definitely getting there! By next week I'll be able to show you guys the finished result!


I hope this was interesting for you all to see! Often, the process of making the art can be just as exciting as the end result. Would you like to see more of these kinds of posts showing my steps from sketch to the finished product? Let me know in the comments below - I'm always happy to read your responses!

That's all for today's post, sorry about how short it is! See you around my friends!

Peace out!

5 comments:

  1. How do you draw that good in the AJ style Arctic?!?! :OO (YOU SHOULD TRY TO BE AN ARTIST FOR AJHQ WHEN YOUR OLD ENOUGH) That fox is so cute :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so kind Sarah, thank you so much!!

      - Arctic

      Delete

This blog is for Jammers of all ages, so there are some comment rules:
LINKS MUST BE ANIMAL JAM RELATED, AND APPROPRIATE!
Don't post links to unrelated or inappropriate websites, or your comment won't be approved.
NO BAD WORDS!
Comments with swear/curse words will never be approved! Keep your comments clean.
BE NICE!
Keep your comments kind! Constructive criticism is appreciated, but bullying of any kind is not.
NO PERSONAL INFO!
I will not approve comments containing or asking for personally identifiable information!

Thanks for visiting The Animal Jam Artists Collaborative!