Monday, August 7, 2017

The Advance-Trading System!

Hey-a there jammers, Arctic here with my first official post for the AJAC!

Now, editing is one of the things I feel I do best AJ-wise. I work really hard to make sure my edits are as believable and consistent as possible. Today, I want to show you the first edit I ever made for AJ!

I posted this on the AJ Amino a long time ago, but I'm pretty sure most of you have never seen it before. So, I've decided that it would be cool if my first post here showcased the project that made me discover my love of editing!

Introducing, the Advance-Trading System!

Have you ever wanted to trade with someone who was offline? Maybe you commissioned them and agreed to trade for their completed art but you're never online at the same time. Perhaps you're non-member and your friend wants to give you a birthday present but you can't receive gifts through jam-a-grams! Never fear, for the Advance-Trading System is here!

With this feature, you'd be able to make trades in advance - even when your buddies aren't online! Just by clicking the new trade button on the account of a jammer that's offline, you can place your trade!


Jammers can choose to put the same items on their advance trade list as their regular trade list, or put something different! It's totally up to you!


When you click an item you want to trade for, it will remind you that your trade request won't go through until the other jammer logs on.


If you are on the other end, where you are receiving a trade, there will be a new tab at the top of your screen that shows all your pending trade requests.


When you click it, all the trades you've missed pop up! You can have a total of 3 days to make up your mind before the items will be automatically refunded and the trade will be nullified. And, to make things fair, any items that you offer in an advance-trade will be locked (you can't use them at all) to ensure that you aren't scamming people!


Now, looking back I see this is a pretty sloppy looking edit. Of course, it was only my first time, but I see now that the shading on some of the buttons are very off and that the font is totally wrong. For my first time, though, I'd say I did pretty well!

What did you think of my edit? Would you like this idea to be in Animal Jam? Tell me what you think in the comments below!

That's all for this week folks. See you soon!

Send me a lemon at arcticstarjamaa@gmail.com !

7 comments:

  1. Nice edits, I hope that this becomes a feature someday! I recently made some edits for a upgraded version of the Art Studio drawing program called Art Studio Plus... I tried to get the right font for it but all I could find was one that costs money, so I think you're fine with a font that isn't the right one. (or is the font actually free but I couldn't find the right one? If you know if it's free and it is, could you let me know where I can get it?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh totally! This was an older edit, my newer ones use the correct font.

      Faolan (a jammer on the AJA) created a file called the Edit Beginner pack which contains all kinds of cool graphics and all the fonts for free).
      It can be downloaded here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/jal6th6dxvgb3qv/Animal+Jam+Edit+Beginner+Pack+1.5.zip

      The package does include a lot of files, so it will take up space on your computer. However, it's totally worth it for all the awesome stuff you're getting!

      - Arctic

      Delete
  2. Awesome edits! This would be an amazing feauture :o

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome, even if it was your first edit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those edits are amazing! :3

    ReplyDelete

This blog is for Jammers of all ages, so there are some comment rules:
LINKS MUST BE ANIMAL JAM RELATED, AND APPROPRIATE!
Don't post links to unrelated or inappropriate websites, or your comment won't be approved.
NO BAD WORDS!
Comments with swear/curse words will never be approved! Keep your comments clean.
BE NICE!
Keep your comments kind! Constructive criticism is appreciated, but bullying of any kind is not.
NO PERSONAL INFO!
I will not approve comments containing or asking for personally identifiable information!

Thanks for visiting The Animal Jam Artists Collaborative!