Saturday, August 19, 2017

A Mini Art Display!

Hi everyone! Guess who it is?

You Guys: ...Craz? Sarah? Pur-

You know what, never mind, don't guess... XD!

It's Swirlshine here, and today, I'm gonna be doing something a little different! Last week, Craz gave me the idea in a comment that I should finally showcase some of MY art on a post, so that's exactly what I'll be doing today! I really should have done this a lot sooner (*Cough cough* In my intro post... *cough cough*), and I apologize, but there's no need to dwell on that now, I suppose! (I didn't realize I should've shown some of my art in my first post until everyone else did, eheheh...)
Let's just get on with the post! I'll be showing some of my IRL art AND some AJ Masterpieces, so you'll have a good mix of all that! :D

Covered up my signature, so that's why there's a random date floating there.
First off, this is a drawing I did for my art class last school year! We had to draw a self portrait, so yep, this is me! Figured it'd be okay to show- it was my first time REALLY trying to draw a realistic human, so it's not like it's totally accurate! Still, though, I'm actually pretty proud of this, since I normally stink at humans, XD!

Next up, a little calligraphy-drawing-thing I made for fun and practice! That wolf over the corner is my Animal Jam OC, Sierra, who I'm planning to feature in a fanfiction on my blog! I've always really liked this piece- I just wish I had made it a bit bigger, instead of having it off to the side of a paper! Oh well, XD! Anyways, maybe I'll redo it or color it sometime!

Covered up my signature again because it features my real name. :P
This one was another one I had to do for art class at the end of the school year. The task was to draw something from your future. I didn't really know what to draw at first, since, well, it's the FUTURE, but I've always wanted a greyhound when I'm older, so I drew that! Hehe, its dark-furred eyes kinda remind me of my Pyrenees, Beauty! I used a reference picture on the internet for this one, but it obviously looks a bit different, mainly because mine does NOT look like a photograph, XD!

This one is one of my favorite Masterpieces I've made in Animal Jam (and it might be my #1 favorite, actually)! I did use a reference picture again, but I just kept the background dark blue in mine (mainly because I couldn't figure out how to make a good galaxy background, XD) and focused on all the little stars in the swirly...galaxy...thing? XD!
This art of mine was originally made as a reference to an Owl City song, Galaxies. Now that I think about it... it's almost like a reference to my username. XDD!
Anyway, it took me a very long time to make, and I'm still pretty pleased with the result!

I have this drawing, which is of my wolf jamming out to some music, hanging in my closet (Eheheh, ignore the tape. It works, okay? XDD!) ! I drew this one... 1 or maybe 2 years ago, I believe, but it still remains one of my favorites. Basically, I made this for fun, and because... well, I love music! (I also can't draw humans, so it's not like I could draw myself jamming out to music, XD!) The "Better In Stereo" part is part of a song that I was obsessed with at the time (and I still love it), and I drew it on a music staff because... why not? XD! 
I also use this picture a lot as a reference, because I draw my wolf's swirl patterns in a very specific way in every piece of art she's featured in! 
Maybe I'll redo this one sometime in the future, too, since I feel like I could use a better pose. Hmm...

I made this one... maybe about a year ago, of my AJ tiger, Miss Windyspirit! Despite how simple it looks, it actually took me a very long time to make! My favorite part would probably have to be the bright pink roses on the Flower Crown, I know, I know, they're not actually that bright in the game, but I really wanted them to pop out, and I think I've done my job, XD!

And finally, an old art commission I did for Redfoxes26 of her arctic fox, Nightmare! You can tell this was years ago- Animal Jam hadn't even released Masterpieces yet! I was basically doing everything on piZap at the time, so it wasn't exactly "pro art", XD! Still, though, even though I could totally do better now, I still am pretty satisfied with how this came out! If I could change something, though, I'd probably fix those claws and make them sharper... and maybe make the bow's string a bit straighter, too.


Well, I suppose that's all I've got for now! Thanks to Crazcat for giving me the idea to make this post! Hopefully, you'll be seeing much, much more of my art on here in the future! Farewell until next Saturday, everyone! Remember to party hard, be kind, and jam on! :D


9 comments:

  1. That doggo is amazing :0

    ReplyDelete
  2. All your art is great! I must say though the art you made on Pizap looks really cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'm glad you like it! Maybe I'll end up doing aredo of that Nightmare art commission, just to see how I've improved! :D

      Delete
  3. I love your art so much Swirl :o :O

    ReplyDelete

This blog is for Jammers of all ages, so there are some comment rules:
LINKS MUST BE ANIMAL JAM RELATED, AND APPROPRIATE!
Don't post links to unrelated or inappropriate websites, or your comment won't be approved.
NO BAD WORDS!
Comments with swear/curse words will never be approved! Keep your comments clean.
BE NICE!
Keep your comments kind! Constructive criticism is appreciated, but bullying of any kind is not.
NO PERSONAL INFO!
I will not approve comments containing or asking for personally identifiable information!

Thanks for visiting The Animal Jam Artists Collaborative!