Monday, August 28, 2017

Mira's Lost Shrine!

Ahoy Jammers, Arctic here!

Why ahoy? Well, I somehow managed to spell 'hey' wrong, so I changed it to ahoy. Okay, let's do this!

I've always considered Den Decorating to be a form of art in itself. The amount of time it takes to plan everything out perfectly (and the amount of gems and patience to set the plan into action) is crazy! I especially love decorators who use the Small House den in creative new ways. It is easily the most simple house, and on the outside it seems like it has very few uses. With a bit of creativity, however, you can come up with some pretty awesome dens!

Inspired by some of my Den Decorator friends, I went ahead and created my second ever den map!

Tada!


This took a lot of time to make! On and off, I worked over a span of three days to do both the decorating and editing for the den map.

I imagine this den to be kind of like the Lost Temple of Zios, but for Mira! My idea for it was that it was a sort of hidden hideout that became forgotten overtime. To achieve this, I worked a lot on giving it the right "vibe". While tidiness and organization can make some dens look wonderful, it is the lack of coordination and the natural chaos of everything that really makes this den idea come to life. This is why I used so many mossy stone objects in this den. Things that are crumbling, overgrown with vegetation, or unkempt looking make for a very interesting, yet beautiful setting! As for the yard, I went for more of a marsh/swamp look with tons of standing stones, clover ponds, and duck ponds (along with some miscellaneous vegetation).

If you'd like to go check this den out for yourself, you can! My username is Arcticstar8404 , and my den is unlocked!

Sorry that my posts on here have been of things that aren't so traditionally artsy! I like to explore alternate forms of art, and other means of displaying creativity in a cool visual way. Some people may not be fans of it, but I feel like things like editing don't get as much credit as they deserve!

That's all for today my friends. See you soon!

Dens dens dens

6 comments:

This blog is for Jammers of all ages, so there are some comment rules:
LINKS MUST BE ANIMAL JAM RELATED, AND APPROPRIATE!
Don't post links to unrelated or inappropriate websites, or your comment won't be approved.
NO BAD WORDS!
Comments with swear/curse words will never be approved! Keep your comments clean.
BE NICE!
Keep your comments kind! Constructive criticism is appreciated, but bullying of any kind is not.
NO PERSONAL INFO!
I will not approve comments containing or asking for personally identifiable information!

Thanks for visiting The Animal Jam Artists Collaborative!