Sunday, August 6, 2017

About Me - Purplestarclub

Hello there! I'm Purplestarclub, one of the chosen authors for this blog. :D I'm really happy that I got accepted as an author here. I look forward to posting here. :) I know this post is kinda late and all the authors (except for Canine) are done with their introduction posts already but my posting day is every other Sunday so that's why I couldn't post earlier. I hope you guys don't mind it! :P

Without further ado, here's my introduction post!



Who exactly am I? Well, I'm a teenager girl who's totally obsessed with Animal Jam and art! XD I've loved drawing ever since I learned how to hold a pencil. Art is a really important part of my life. It's one of the things that I'm really passionate about. I try my hardest to improve my art as I want to become an artist in the future. :D

I'm a huge Otaku (Anime fan) and anime does influence my art a lot. Although, I've been told many times that anime art isn't going to get me anywhere, I want to keep doing what I'm happy with. I won't be able to get anywhere if I'm not happy with what I'm doing.

I started making Animal Jam art in late 2013, which is when I started playing AJ as well. I think drawing animals from the game is really fun.

There is one thing, though. I'm EXTREMELY self conscious of my art. I get jealous of other people's art really quickly and I feel like I'm just not good enough. Luckily, I'm slowly getting rid of this habit. If you're struggling with the same problem as I am, go ahead and note down the things you actually like about your art piece and instead of saying ''I hate this.'', say, ''I want to improve my ____.'' Thanks to Cat for this tip. ;) It helped me a lot! :D
----------------------------------------------------
Enough about my art, now I'll tell you all a bit about myself. 
-I'm really shy. I'm also an introvert but when it comes to making friends on the internet, I'm in! XD
- I have a younger brother. 
- I've been playing AJ for over 3 years.
- I have my own AJ blog, My Little Jammers
-My English isn't the best as it is my 3rd language. :P
- My parents really don't care about what I do on the internet but I still ask for permission every time I visit a new social media website or something. 
- I mostly only get good grades in school but when I don't, I get really sad. D:
- I have anxiety. I start worrying about little things all the time. 
- I'm a real foodie. XD
--------------------------------------------------
Well, those were all the facts that I could think of! 
I look forward to posting more and sharing more of my art. I hope you all like my posts. ^.^ 
I'll see you all in my next post! Bye! 

10 comments:

  1. Awesome post, Purple! Your anime art is pretty good. The reason why a lot of people say that anime is 'bad to draw' is because it's a lot harder for someone to learn proper anatomy when drawing only in anime style. Of course, using references and drawing people with more realistic proportions occasionally helps no matter what style you prefer to draw with.

    Purple, I am actually really impressed by your English skills. I mean, I've known it wasn't your first language, but I didn't know it was your THIRD! I'm a lazy American who can't even bother to learn Spanish. And heck, you have better grammar than a LOT of people who know English as their first language.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And I completely understand that learning from real life is necessary. I practice realistic art too but most people irl tell me to completely change my art style, not just practice, which sort of bothers me. But I do know how important learning realistic proportions is even when drawing anime and I actually practice it often. :)

      Thanks! I do make silly grammar errors so I can't say my grammar is perfect at the moment but it really means a lot when others say they like my English. :D

      Delete
    2. You're welcome! Okie-dokie. Yeah, it bothers me as well when someone tries to tell an artist to change their art style. If they don't like that person's art, then cool, they can look at someone else's art. Nobody's forcing them to view this art they don't like!

      Haha, everyone makes mistakes. Even I, a grammar freak who speaks English as my first-and-only language, make grammatical errors now and then :)

      Delete
  2. Awesome post! :D

    Cool! English is your 3rd language? I haven't noticed anything strange about your grammer,I only speak english so XDD AND YOUR ART IS AWESOMEEEEEEEEEEE

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. By the way, Purple, your art is, and always has been, amazing to me!

      AND HOWWW
      HOW ON EARTH DO YOU DRAW HUMANS SO WELL!?
      I CAN'T EVEN DRAW A PERSON'S HAIR!
      XDD!

      Delete
    2. Yayyy! XD
      Aww, tysm! How do I draw humans? Well, it's probably because I draw humans constantly and so I have quite a lot of practice. I'm still not that great at drawing them because anatomy is hard. XD

      Delete

This blog is for Jammers of all ages, so there are some comment rules:
LINKS MUST BE ANIMAL JAM RELATED, AND APPROPRIATE!
Don't post links to unrelated or inappropriate websites, or your comment won't be approved.
NO BAD WORDS!
Comments with swear/curse words will never be approved! Keep your comments clean.
BE NICE!
Keep your comments kind! Constructive criticism is appreciated, but bullying of any kind is not.
NO PERSONAL INFO!
I will not approve comments containing or asking for personally identifiable information!

Thanks for visiting The Animal Jam Artists Collaborative!