Sunday, December 31, 2017

How to Paint Your Dragon!

Hey Jammers Arctic here!

Ahem: I HAVEN'T POSTED SINCE LAST YE- *dodges a lemon*

I'm sorry. I just haven't made that joke SINCE LAST YE- *gets hit by more lemons*

I know I know. It's just I'm feeling really emotional you know?

You guys: Aww, why Arctic?

BECAUSE I HAVEN'T SEEN YOU GUYS SINCE LAST YE- WAUGGH!

ANGRY MOB. ANGRY MOB!


But is it really New Years unless you make terrible New Years' jokes MULTIPLE TIMES?

I haven't made a masterpiece SINCE LAST YE- ALRIGHT I'LL STOP. I'LL STOP I PROMISE PLEASE DON'T THROW ANY MORE LEMONS AT ME.

I made a masterpiece I was really proud of a little while ago and I thought I'd show you all what it is!


Much to my joy, it got approved right away!! In case you don't know, this masterpiece is of a character called Toothless from the How to Train Your Dragon movie franchise! The first installment in the series is one of my favourite movies of all time and I've been wanting to make a masterpiece of it for a long time!

I actually remembered to take progress shots this time, so you guys can see my process for how I made this masterpiece! Unfortunately, I was still a BIT of a dingus, and I forgot to take a screenshot of the sketch! Oh well!














Whew! Yes, I took a LOT of Screenshots! But I'm glad I did- it's really cool to see how things progressed into the final product because even the artists themselves will hardly remember what their creations looked like in the very beginning!

I was ALSO a bit of a dingus in the fact that I made the foolish mistake of doing the basic colouring for the foreground BEFORE the background! This complicated things, but I still think it turned out alright!

Anywho, that's all for today folks! If you're interested in seeing this masterpiece, it's in my den currently!

Alrighty, see you soon- have a groovy day!

I HAVEN'T READ ANY COMMENTS SINCE LAST YEAR!

2 comments:

This blog is for Jammers of all ages, so there are some comment rules:
LINKS MUST BE ANIMAL JAM RELATED, AND APPROPRIATE!
Don't post links to unrelated or inappropriate websites, or your comment won't be approved.
NO BAD WORDS!
Comments with swear/curse words will never be approved! Keep your comments clean.
BE NICE!
Keep your comments kind! Constructive criticism is appreciated, but bullying of any kind is not.
NO PERSONAL INFO!
I will not approve comments containing or asking for personally identifiable information!

Thanks for visiting The Animal Jam Artists Collaborative!