Monday, December 18, 2017

A Jamaaliday Bakery!

Hey Jammers, Arctic here!

And once again, I have managed to get myself sick. *slow clapping*

Somehow it seems like whenever I have important plans I seem to get sick, haha! I wonder if there's a connection... Anyway - there's no time to be staying home from school this week since it's the last week before break and we still have a TON to learn! Wish me luck!

Because of my being sick, I didn't have the energy to be up and about making art or anything this week. Luckily, I have another Den Map which I worked on before hand that I can show you guys this week!

In the spirit of the Jamaalidays, I decorated a Jamaaliday House den as a bakery! But not just any bakery, oh no. A FESTIVE bakery!

I like to imagine what kinds of people (err, animals I guess haha) would live in the den, visit, hang around, etc. This really helps me decorate because it makes me think about things like comfort and design! For this den, I imagined a small family running the bakery with the help of some close family friends. I think they'd cater foods to customers too and take on-the-go orders as well, so that's why the cashier faces outside and there's a dog sled (for deliveries!)


The den was a little too small on the inside for me to do everything I wanted with it, so I 'extended' the bottom floor using tables! Upstairs is a cozy little sitting area for customers, staff, friends, and family to gather and have a nice snack and maybe even play some music!

As for the den map itself, it didn't take as long as usual! It only took around an hour or so (many others have taken around an hour and a half or over two hours). I'm very pleased with the result of both the den and the den map. I made far fewer errors this time in editing it all together, so I'm very happy about that too!

Yikes- my throat really hurts. I have school tomorrow (or 'today' when you guys will be reading this) so I had better go to sleep before my cold gets any worse.

See you around- have a groovy day!

*sneeze*

2 comments:

  1. Hopefully you feel better soon Arctic :) Lemon juice and honey on a spoon is really good for sore throats!
    And that bakery is super good :OOO

    ReplyDelete
  2. *gesundheit*

    Get well soon, Arctic. *hugs*

    (DXplorergirl)

    ReplyDelete

This blog is for Jammers of all ages, so there are some comment rules:
LINKS MUST BE ANIMAL JAM RELATED, AND APPROPRIATE!
Don't post links to unrelated or inappropriate websites, or your comment won't be approved.
NO BAD WORDS!
Comments with swear/curse words will never be approved! Keep your comments clean.
BE NICE!
Keep your comments kind! Constructive criticism is appreciated, but bullying of any kind is not.
NO PERSONAL INFO!
I will not approve comments containing or asking for personally identifiable information!

Thanks for visiting The Animal Jam Artists Collaborative!