Monday, December 25, 2017

Forget Fruitcake - Merry Christmas!

Hey Jammers, Arctic here!!

Ahem:


MERRY CHRISTMAS! I HOPE YOUR DAY HAS BEEN FULL OF CHEER SO FAR!

At the time I'm writing this, it's still Christmas Eve- so I don't know what I got yet! Maybe I'll update it later today (err, tomorrow for me currently as I write this)

ANyWhO!

Yesterday (err, today) I logged onto AJ and decided I felt like making some art in the AJ art studio. Afterall, it's been a while since I've made a masterpiece - and maybe it would be fun to make some Christmas art!

The only issue was that- I didn't know what to draw!

I ended up settling for drawing a banana... then I drew a Santa hat on it for some reason. I don't really know what the thought process for that was, but I really love how it turned out!


I think it's a semi-realistic kind of banana. It's a very simple piece, but I really like it! It isn't approved yet, but when it is - it'll be in a festive gingerbread frame!


Maybe, maybe maybe I should make this a thing, you know? Seasonal banana masterpieces? I could have Christmas Bananas, Valentine's Bananas, Lucky Bananas, Spooky Bananas, Easter Bananas...
Or maybe just fruit in general!

I find that drawing fruit, flowers, etc. (basically, still life) can really help you with working on colours, textures, and shading. I tend to give up on masterpieces that feature animals and figures like those because I haven't nailed anatomy yet and it really ends up frustrating me, haha! Still life like these, though, offer a lot more room for creativity than you'd expect!

That's all for this post, my friends! I hope you like the festive fruit!

Merry Christmas, and best wishes to all!

P.S. Whatcha get for Christmas?

12 comments:

  1. Wow! I love that banana. XD You totally should do seasonal bananas or fruit! :O That'd be great! XD

    -Koolestkat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Koolest!!

      Yeah, I think I might!

      - Arctic

      Delete
  2. Aw that’s awesome! :O Your art is always amazing. ;)

    Merry Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lost!!

      Merry (late) Christmas to you too!

      - Arctic

      Delete
  3. YAY A CHRISTMAS BANANA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ahem XDD
    Could I have a copy please :o And yes you should do seasonal bananas XDD
    Merry CHristmas :DD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Certainly Sarah!!

      Merry (late) Christmas to you too!

      - Arctic

      Delete
  4. ARCTIC
    THAT ART IS AWESOME AND I WANT IT
    XDD!

    Hehe, I actually got a little banana patch to iron on a shirt or jacket for Christmas!
    Bananas are officially associated with bloggers. XD!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Swirl!! I'm out of diamonds now, but I'd be happy to get you a copy sometime!

      Yes- bananas: official fruit of the AJ Bloggers!

      -Arctic

      Delete
  5. Ayyyy I love it! You should do a different fruits each holiday :D
    One great thing I got for Christmas is a tablet THAT ACTUALLY LETS ME COMMENT!!!!!!! There have been some awkward autocorrect situations though, some of which turned normal sentences profane XD
    Some other highlights include an owl stuffie, pencil socks, and tons of books!

    Jam on and Happy Holidays,
    Snowlondon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome! And great idea!

      Thanks Snow!

      - Arctic

      Delete
  6. Bananananananananananananana!
    ---
    I got nothing for Christmas..

    That's fine though, I'm completely ok with that. Christmas is for giving, not getting after all!
    I got my turtles a new light and some treats, and my fish a new decoration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *gives a Christmas hug*

      True! Glad your pets got some new gear!

      - Arctic

      Delete

This blog is for Jammers of all ages, so there are some comment rules:
LINKS MUST BE ANIMAL JAM RELATED, AND APPROPRIATE!
Don't post links to unrelated or inappropriate websites, or your comment won't be approved.
NO BAD WORDS!
Comments with swear/curse words will never be approved! Keep your comments clean.
BE NICE!
Keep your comments kind! Constructive criticism is appreciated, but bullying of any kind is not.
NO PERSONAL INFO!
I will not approve comments containing or asking for personally identifiable information!

Thanks for visiting The Animal Jam Artists Collaborative!