Saturday, September 30, 2017

Gracie's Art Raffle Prize!

Me: YAY! I FINALLY DID IT!!!
You Guys: What did you do?
Me: I FINISHED GRACIE'S ART FOR THE RAFFLEEEEE!!! AND IT ONLY TOOK ME ABOUT TWO HOURS OR SOMETHINGGGG!!!!
You Guys: 2 HOURS!? Swirl, it should NOT take that long to just make Gracie's main animal!
Me: SHUSHHHHH, DON'T QUESTION MY ART SKILLSSSSS!
You Guys: But-
Me: I SAID SHUSHHHHH!!!!!!!


XD! You all KNOW I can't go more than a week or two without doing my traditional Swirlshine-intro! 


Anyways, yes, it's true- I've finished Gracie's art at last, and I'm pretty proud of how it turned out!
However, to fill up this post, I decided "Hey, why not show my process, like some of the other AJAC authors do?" 
So that's what you'll be getting today! :D



First, I drew the basic outline of a wolf (I draw wolves and arctic wolves about the same way), then added some markings in the fur. After that, I started adding some accessories- I drew the lines on the Raccoon Tail and the Silk Scarf first, as you can see!

Next, I added the Longbow on her wolf's back, and drew the "gizmo" pattern, as I like to call it, on the chest fur.

The Longbow couldn't just be floating there, so I added the thick strap over the back of the wolf that it's attached to! I also added an eye, as well as some light notes to help me remember what was gray and what was white, since I was getting tired of switching back and forth from YouTube to my Gracie reference on Google, XD!

Of course, Gracie's main look isn't complete without her Pigtails! I tried something new-ish with the curled piece of hair, and put it in the front (or the middle, depending on how you look at it)of the Pigtails item, and I really like how it turned out! I also started on the Horseshoe Ring!

Here's the uncolored version of the finished art! Whoops, ignore those words- I hadn't erased them yet, XD! 
I also added a lil' star reflection in her wolf's eye, because... well... GraciepopSTAR? Get it?
I'll stop now.
Anyways, I like to add a sparkle of some sort in my wizard wolf's eyes sometimes, so I decided to try it here! It's probably super hard to see in this pic...

DARN, this was the ONE picture I forgot to flip horizontally! Sorry about that!

... So here's this close-up to show you that super-tiny detail, XDD!

And finally... here we are! The COMPLETELY COLORED version! I'm super happy with how this turned out- I thought the head might be a bit too small, but it doesn't really show much anymore, so YAY! XD!
I WAS going to add some more details to this picture, but I figured a couple hours was long enough to work on this. XDD!
Also, if the gray doesn't exactly look QUITE gray to you (although it looks a lot better in this picture than I thought it did IRL), I apologize- my gray colored pencil seems to have a mind of its own!





I hope you enjoy your art, Gracie, and I hope you all enjoyed this post! I apologize if it seemed a bit short to you- I was trying to get this up before it got too late to do so! Anyways, until next time, this is Swirlshine, reminding you to PARTY HARD, BE KIND, and JAM ON! 😉


12 comments:

  1. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, THAT IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!!!!!!! YOUR ART STYLE IS SOOOO AMAZING, SWIRL!!!! :O

    *fangirls forever* ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh! I completely forgot about her ring! Oops XD

    Nice art, by the way. Love the pattern on Gracie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. XD! Well, it's more of a minor detail, so it's hard to miss!

      And thank you! :)

      Delete
  3. Good job Swirl! It looooooooooks GREATTTT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is amazing!! How do you draw like thaatttttt XD I really like how you did the eyes and the ring! Whenever I draw her wolf I always put the ring on the side, because I can't figure out a way to make it look good, on a paw, XDD The color scheme is awesome! :D
    P.S
    This is really strange to say this NOW sense you have had it for a long time, but I really like your signature xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. XD! Yeah, rings on paws tend to be hard sometimes!

      And thank you, XD! I would've used a graphic of my art, instead of an AJ one, but the only one I had that had a transparent background was the art on the old signature, and I honestly can do so much better now, XD!

      Delete
  5. .... My comments aren't showing up.... again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so sorry... I'm going to add a new mod soon DX

      Delete
    2. It's alright! I just keep seeing it happen, I was just hoping I wasn't going against the rules. XD

      Delete
    3. Basically, when your comments aren't appearing and all the other comments appearing are by authors of the blog, it's because I forgot to check lol

      Delete

This blog is for Jammers of all ages, so there are some comment rules:
LINKS MUST BE ANIMAL JAM RELATED, AND APPROPRIATE!
Don't post links to unrelated or inappropriate websites, or your comment won't be approved.
NO BAD WORDS!
Comments with swear/curse words will never be approved! Keep your comments clean.
BE NICE!
Keep your comments kind! Constructive criticism is appreciated, but bullying of any kind is not.
NO PERSONAL INFO!
I will not approve comments containing or asking for personally identifiable information!

Thanks for visiting The Animal Jam Artists Collaborative!