Thursday, February 15, 2018

Ssssssoooooo....

HeyJammersit'sKaraleeandIHAVEANiPADPROWOOHOOOOOOOOOO!!!



YYYYYYYYYESSSSSSSSSS!!! *celebrates* After what seems like eons of saving up babysitting money (and birthday gift money), Dad took me to the store today, and we came home with an iPad Pro 12.9" with TONS of storage -- and get this -- an APPLE PENCIL. OoO I CAN'T WAIT TO MAKE TONS AND TONS AND TONS OF ART WOOHOOOOOOO!! *dances around*



Actually, I couldn't wait! 😆 These are some of the Apple devices in our house -- but personified. The iPad Air (wearing clothes inspired by its case), iPad Pro (the newest, biggest, and thinnest) (seriously, I'm kinda scared I'll break it just by holding it), and the super-tough iPhone 4S (which has lasted many drops without getting one crack on the screen).

I like the build of the iPhone's drawing, but if I had the chance, I'd rework the face and hair. That eyebrow is about to give me a conniption. *suppresses growl of frustration* And as for the question of how this picture came about in the first place.... *begins explanation*

The act of signing on to a new iPad and proving you are who you say you are is rather complicated and, oddly enough, required the use of two other iDevices in the authentication process. Given that I have the habit of attaching personalities to inanimate objects, when these three devices were sitting side-by-side on my desk, I thought "Hey! I should draw them standing together!"

Actually, one of my first thoughts was hoping the old iPad wouldn't get jealous of the new iPad, and then my second thought was sorrow/regret at forgetting about my old phone (which now belongs to my brother) and thinking about how lonely it must feel.

I gotta tell ya, when all these AI devices come to life and take over the planet, we're either gonna get along great, or I am so toast for forgetting about my old phone and tablets most of the time.

I hope intelligent machines don't hold grudges.

And I hope they don't miss me.

That would be sad.

Voice Of Reason: What are you talking about, it's a phone!! You're being ridiculous!
Me: *shoves Voice aside* Shut up, Voice Of Reason, we don't need you here. This is a late-night blog post, and very out of your jurisdiction.
Voice Of Reason: *sulks*
Me: Don't worry, you can come back tomorrow and help me think logically during schoolwork. Deal?
Voice Of Reason: NO!! You told me to shut up! You can do your schoolwork WITHOUT me!! 😭 *stomps off to its room in my mind and slams door*
Me: N-no, Voice Of Reason, wait.... *regrets shouting at it* *calls after it* I'm sorry--!

...

*sigh* Talk about my own worst enemy.  ...I hope it'll forgive me.

I wonder why the Voice Of Reason is so emotional??

Probably a teenager. *nods sagely*



Although I'm very happy with that drawing, one piece of art does not a helpful post make. So here are a couple more references, like last week's post! 😊



Some wonderful face shapes! Which one is your favorite?



I took this out of context, so I have NO idea what a "rhythm chart" is, but I'm putting this here solely for that little square above the nose. Seriously, you have no IDEA what a huge breakthrough that was for me! It gives a tangible sense of depth to the forehead, even in the sketching stage! Try it out! Does it help you, too?



Perspectives -- very important.  ...Jawlines....*wrinkles nose and stares at image, trying to memorize it*



*gigglesnort* This is one of those times where it feels proper to say "What even". 😂 I mean, really! (That's not to say I haven't been there... everything seems funnier/smarter/cooler in the wee hours of the morning. This post probably does, too, come to think of it.)



I don't know whether to file this under "Funny" or not... it's just... a thought-provoking thing to end this week's post with.



What are your answers to all the questions in this post? Do you think ants get scared when they fall? I can't wait to read your comments! 😁 *waves* See y'all next week!

PEACE!
LOVE!
NINJAAAAAAAS!



(DXplorergirl)

4 comments:

  1. I love how you drew your devices! XD It’s amazing!!

    And lucky! You got an iPad?! I really want one. XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. LUCKYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY I WANT AN IPAD PRO SO BAD! 1. I can put all my pictures on it. 2. It's better for drawing cause of the bigger screen and can help me improve 3. I can do like all my artsy stuff on it cause of BIGGER SCREEEN 4. I CAN USE AN APPLE PENCIL CAUSE I WANT ONE! (honestly they feel so amazing on the ipad pro) Which Is why I asked for a adonit stylus for christmas which I recieved cause its like a good alternate for the apple pencil. I want for so many more reasons too. But your lucky!!

    Also nice drawings too:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your drawings are so so good, 💜 them! Plus the ants thing cracked me up 😂

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got an iPad Pro for Christmas! I’m typing in rn😂😂

    ReplyDelete

This blog is for Jammers of all ages, so there are some comment rules:
LINKS MUST BE ANIMAL JAM RELATED, AND APPROPRIATE!
Don't post links to unrelated or inappropriate websites, or your comment won't be approved.
NO BAD WORDS!
Comments with swear/curse words will never be approved! Keep your comments clean.
BE NICE!
Keep your comments kind! Constructive criticism is appreciated, but bullying of any kind is not.
NO PERSONAL INFO!
I will not approve comments containing or asking for personally identifiable information!

Thanks for visiting The Animal Jam Artists Collaborative!