Thursday, February 1, 2018

Blogger Sig-- No, Wait....

Hello Jamaasians!

Karalee here, and for the first time in goodness KNOWS how long, this week's post is NOT a Blogger Signature!! 😱 Crazy, right?



This is my attempt to draw three Animal Jam animals from memory (in pencil, no less! Yikes!), and then compare them to references (i.e. official art of the animals -- not in-game images of the avatars).

Here's my pincil artwork... *notices typo* ..."pincil"?? Shyeesh, Kara, leant to spell!

...

*LEARN

I meant learn. *makes squished-up grumpy face, folds arms and looks angrily at the floor* *mutters* Learn.





An Arctic Wolf, a Toucan, a Fox, and a chibi of yours truly in my current outfit -- an atrociously baggy burgundy cowl-neck sweater/tunic, and the gigantic headband I've worn almost every day for more than a year now (it's actually a beanie hat withhalf the top cut off). It's my favorite outfit, too! 😁 (Faded skinny jeans not pictured.) (Partially because the top half of them is covered by the long sweater.)

Insanely happy with how that chibi turned out... not so much the rest of it. I can tell without looking at references that they're off -- but oh well, one can't realistically expectthem to be. It's that Toucan that bothers me... I really feel like I didn't put my fulleffort into that. 😒 Perhaps a redo is in order... at least sometime in the future.



Here's the references....


Okay.... *nods* Not tooawful. I've kind of developedmy own style of drawing Arctic Wolves, and I feel like that bled through quite a bit. *stares at drawing for longer* Ehhhhh... oh well.


...Wow. I didn't realize I was drawingthese things so close to their reference photo positions! I wasn't using these, I promise! 😂


Yoikes! *look of disgust at the pencil drawing* NOW I know why it felt off! Guess I was basing my by-memory drawing off of the AJ avatar instead of the officialartwork! 😬 ( ⇐ Oh, hey, look, new grimace emoji.)



Comparing these, the difference I notice most in my drawings is that they look... squished. *wrinkles nose* The shapes areoften similar, but the proportions are off. Ibelieve that's the one something I'll need to work on most in the future.



That's all for this week! Next time,I will be redrawing these pictures, but with references! Let's see which areas improve! (And yes, I just got that idea. Yay for last-minute ideas!! 😆)

See you later,guys! *waves*

PEACE!
LOVE!
NINJAAAAAAAS!



(DXplorergirl)

2 comments:

  1. I like those drawings Kara, even if they aren’t exactly like the actual Aj ones

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are super cute and cool :D

    ReplyDelete

This blog is for Jammers of all ages, so there are some comment rules:
LINKS MUST BE ANIMAL JAM RELATED, AND APPROPRIATE!
Don't post links to unrelated or inappropriate websites, or your comment won't be approved.
NO BAD WORDS!
Comments with swear/curse words will never be approved! Keep your comments clean.
BE NICE!
Keep your comments kind! Constructive criticism is appreciated, but bullying of any kind is not.
NO PERSONAL INFO!
I will not approve comments containing or asking for personally identifiable information!

Thanks for visiting The Animal Jam Artists Collaborative!