Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Homemade Squishies!

Okay, so over the President's day weekend, I decided to try and make homemade squishies for the first time! If you don't know what squishies are, they're like these really SQUISHY stress toys. I was going to do this whole 1 part A and 1 part B solution thing, but eh. I decided it was much cheaper if I used memory foam that I already had. Where did I get this spongey foam you might ask? Well... my mom and I may have murdered my dad's memory foam pillow. DON'T WORRY, WE REPLACED IT!


MATERIALS NEEDED!


MEMORY FOAM


SCISSORS OR SOME SUPER SHARP OBJECT *DON'T HURT YOURSELVES, KIDS*


PUFFY PAINT OR FABRIC PAINT *DON'T USE ACRYLICS, IT MAY DRY WHEN YOU SQUISH IT*


A WHOLE LOTTA TIME

Ahem, anyway, since I am COOKIES, I obviously made my very first squishy, a cookie one! I first started with a rectangle shape, and then trimmed A LOT to make it into a round shape. ( I DID warn you that you need a lot of time) I suggest that you trim tiny bits at a time.


Once you're satisfied with your shape, you can start painting. I used puffy paints! WOAAAH SO MANY COLORSSSSS!






Okay, the painting is pretty self-explanatory so I'm just gonna show a picture of the final product!

THERE IT IS! My lovely kawaii cookie :o 






And I'm also working on this donut squishy, I'll probably finish it tomorrow. I hope you guys liked this post, and have a wonderful day!! ✌🏻PEACE 💖LOVE 🍪... COOKIES?


1 comment:

  1. SQUISHIES!!! I LOVE SQUISHIES!! I do know how to make Somme but I don’t have memory foam and know where to buy them oh and also the puffy paint cause acrylic paint won’t workXD Anyways I love your cookie. Cause I must admit, it’s awesome partially cause it’s kawaii and I love Kawaii:)

    ReplyDelete

This blog is for Jammers of all ages, so there are some comment rules:
LINKS MUST BE ANIMAL JAM RELATED, AND APPROPRIATE!
Don't post links to unrelated or inappropriate websites, or your comment won't be approved.
NO BAD WORDS!
Comments with swear/curse words will never be approved! Keep your comments clean.
BE NICE!
Keep your comments kind! Constructive criticism is appreciated, but bullying of any kind is not.
NO PERSONAL INFO!
I will not approve comments containing or asking for personally identifiable information!

Thanks for visiting The Animal Jam Artists Collaborative!