Thursday, March 1, 2018

Recent Art, an AMAZING NEW PROGRAM (and a Few Miscellaneous Things)

guys



GUYS



GIFs

GIFs WORK

...Also, wHAT IS THAT GUY DOING?! THAT IS N0T HOW YOU USE AN ESCALATOR, DUDE! 😨



Soooooo, ANYway, it's Karalee here, and I HAVE A REQUEST FOR MY POST! YAAAAAAAY!! *waves arms and jumps in victory pose*

That request is from Lostfairy, who said she liked to see my new art more than tutorials I've collected! So, Lost, here's art for you!





A My Little Ponies OC --



-- here shown sans scarf, and with experimental metal wings.

(This particular picture was traced from a screenshot of Rainbow Dash in an effort to memorize the shapes of pony anatomy... I'm nowhere near THAT good! 😆 Trying to get lots better, though.)



Oddly enough, this is a... uh... a sort-of OC, I guess? I was watching an educational video of a real estate agent talking about what he does for a living (and what his budget looks like, and how he got his job...), and -- well, this happened! It's a fictional pony character, but it's also a real person.



This is what happens when my obsession with Doctor Who collides with my enthusiasm for My Little Ponies. She's a cyborg Time Lady, and the original owner of those metal wings seen on the OC up there. There's some backstory behind the cyborg thing, but it's nothing more than a vague idea. (S'pose I might post a bit more about her later, if I get it worked out...? Would you guys like that?)



Sketches of a sad pony and a -- uhh, I guess you would call that an inquisitive pony? She seems to be looking up at someone who just called her name. ("Huh? What is it?")

Speaking of ponies, guess who I nabbed a screenshot of? He was hiding in the background of Season 6, Episode 11, "Flutter Brutter"! I don't actually know much about these video games, but I'm pretty sure that's Link from Legends of Zelda! 😄



Look, he's even got a partial Heart as his cutie mark!



Well, now on to other art... AKA humans!

First, an unfinished picture vaguely based on me (because I'm the only one in my family who will sit still and let me boss them around to get in the perrrrrrrrfect position for reference pics).



When I first showed it to my mom, she thought it was a dude. Staring at it now, I can't help but agree with her. Something clearly went wrong here -- I guess having my hair put back didn't help much.



NOW LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT DESIGN DOLL.

IT IS

A PROGRAM

THAT YOU DOWNLOAD

AND IT GIVES YOU A VIRTUAL MANNEQUIN THAT YOU CAN CUSTOMIZE AND POSE AND TAKE SCREENSHOTS OF FOR DRAWING REFERENCES.

It does so much more than that, including turning your posed mannequin into a simpler "wire frame" skeleton (if you want to), and changing your mannequin's color/texture, changing the light source, and so much more! It's TOTALLY amazing!

It does tons of stuff beyond that, but a.) I'd have to write an entire article to tell you everything, and b.) Design Doll's website does that so much better than I would.

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to link to it, but if you Google "Design Doll", it should be the first thing to pop up. I really like this program, and I highly recommend you ask a parent to check it out, or try it out yourself if you're allowed! 😁

The most important thing to know is that there's a paid version, and a free version -- and the free version does almost everything the full version does! (I think the only huge difference is that you can't load mannequins you've saved after you close the program. This means you gotta make and screenshot your mannequin in one session, or you'll lose your progress!)

I found it a teensy bit tricky to get a handle on intuitively, but that was my fault for being a Miss Stubborn-Pants and refusing to read the handy tutorials provided. That said, I did get through okay without 'em as well.



AND THE RESULTS

WERE STELLAR

I MEAN

LOOK AT THESE THINGS!









I was able to make some of my best sketches EVER!



A girl looking up at the night sky in wonder....



...and a roughed-up "warrior princess" in the middle of a battle. (I do wonder how she got caught by the enemy in a fancy dress... maybe she was at an important ball or something. There's not a lot left of the floor-length skirt now, at any rate.)



I have to run now -- Dad's dress shirts are wrinkling in the dryer. *grimace* I smell a re-tumbling coming up.



I realize that I only gave you TWO of the Miscellaneous Things mentioned in the title, and that is a couple, not a few. Therefore, here is the third. A little piece of the past, and proof that kids forced to learn things are pretty much the same in any era.





Gotta go! *waves* Seeya next week!

PEACE!
LOVE!
NINJAAAAAAAS!



(DXplorergirl)

8 comments:

  1. The ponies are so adorableee!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did you draw the ponies like identical to the actual ones?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of them, I traced from a screenshot of Rainbow Dash (I labeled it in my post). The others were just looking at references and drawing several sketches, one on top of the other, getting better each time.

      No matter what I did, though, they never looked like real My Little Ponies until I started drawing colored outlines like they use on the show. :P

      I hope this helped some, Vi! :)

      (DXplorergirl)

      Delete
  3. Wow Kara, your ponies are amazing!! Very nice to have someone around who appreciates their design like I do! :D
    And WOAH, I never noticed that pony before! He DOES seem to look like Link, and that cutie mark is very video-game-ish as well! :o

    Wow, that program looks SUPER helpful! I may get that!

    Awesome post as usual, Kara! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOOOOOOUUUU SSWWWWIIIIIRRRRRLLL C: C: C: :D :D :D *giant grin* YES PONIES PONIES PONIES

      (DXplorergirl)

      Delete
  4. OM, LINK PONY. HE WAS RUPEES IN HIS WAGON. THAT PARTIAL HEART IS FROM THE GAMES.

    *fangirls*

    Awesome post, Kara! Loved it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU SSSSOOOOOO MUCH LOST! :D C: :)))

      (DXplorergirl)

      Delete

This blog is for Jammers of all ages, so there are some comment rules:
LINKS MUST BE ANIMAL JAM RELATED, AND APPROPRIATE!
Don't post links to unrelated or inappropriate websites, or your comment won't be approved.
NO BAD WORDS!
Comments with swear/curse words will never be approved! Keep your comments clean.
BE NICE!
Keep your comments kind! Constructive criticism is appreciated, but bullying of any kind is not.
NO PERSONAL INFO!
I will not approve comments containing or asking for personally identifiable information!

Thanks for visiting The Animal Jam Artists Collaborative!