Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Making a PAPER SQUISHY + Artwork

Heyo guys, and toDAY I made a paper squishy. You may have remembered a post I did, where I made a memory foam squishy. Wellllllllllll I decided to make a paper squishy, where I basically followed tips from Chelsey DIY  and made my own cookie squishy! LETS GOOOOOOOOOOO


Step 1) 

Take some pencils and sketch out your shape, for me, I just needed to sketch out the circle, eyes, and where the chocolate chips will be. Of course, you can make it however shape you want :P also, I folded a piece of paper and drew on one side, but cut out the same shape on the other, and they should still be connected. That's important :D 


Step 2)

You'll need to color in your sketch, and outline it if you wish. I chose some brown markers for my cookie base and chocolate chips! And I used a black marker for the eyes and mouth. To add that kawaii touch, I used white paint and pink paint to make the shine in the eyes along with some blush.





Step 3) 

Cover the whole thing in clear tape! (The other side as well) I used the satin finish scotch tape, but any clear tape will work. 



Step 4) 

Cut it out, and it should have double the shape that you drew, because you should fold the paper in half. Now you're ready for step 5!







Step 5) 

Tape the sides of the two together, but not all the way. And a good tip is to cut the piece of tape into 3 pieces if you need to fold the tape into curved places.  Keep on doing this all the way around, but keep the top open. This should form a pocket! Time to get the stuffing ready.



Step 6)

Put your stuffing into the little pocket! I'm using leftover scraps of memory foam from my memory foam squishies. But since people mostly do this craft because they don't have foam, it can easily be replaced with tissues, plastic bags (save the environment!), toy stuffing, etc. But since I have a million tiny scraps, I'll be using those. 




Step 7) 

Seal it in, and touch up any extra tape. Your squishy is finished!!! 

Ta-Da!!! It's not that squishy as foam squishies, or store-bought ones, but it's really cool and fun to make! It doesn't take that long, and I had fun. I will be making these a lot more, because there's so many different designs you can do with this simple craft!!



A Random AJ Arctic Wolf... :D
~♡~ RANDOM ARTWORK THAT I FINISHED IN THE PAST WEEK~♡~
My bunny dancing B)

Finished product of my winter scene!




My bunny againnnnnnnnnn
This is YOU being annoyed at all my bunny drawings. 










My friend told me to draw a random person in jamaa, so um, here!

WOW! YOU READ ALL THE WAY THROUGH? OMG THAT'S SOOOO NICE, BECAUSE THIS WAS QUITE A LONG POST XD COMMENT PINEAPPLE :D

6 comments:

  1. Wow that’s a cool squishy, never thought of doing it that wayXD Nice art as always!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! Yeah, I got the idea from a few videos (like I said from the link) :3

      Delete
  2. *gASP*

    are those copics? those are expensive as heck aha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHAHAHA I WISH that they were copics. They're cheaper markers that I got for christmas. They are alcohol markers, but they don't have a brush tip. The brand is Ohuhu.

      Delete

This blog is for Jammers of all ages, so there are some comment rules:
LINKS MUST BE ANIMAL JAM RELATED, AND APPROPRIATE!
Don't post links to unrelated or inappropriate websites, or your comment won't be approved.
NO BAD WORDS!
Comments with swear/curse words will never be approved! Keep your comments clean.
BE NICE!
Keep your comments kind! Constructive criticism is appreciated, but bullying of any kind is not.
NO PERSONAL INFO!
I will not approve comments containing or asking for personally identifiable information!

Thanks for visiting The Animal Jam Artists Collaborative!