Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Transions' Guest Post- How to draw your AJ animals

Hey, Jammers!  Today's guest post is by the talented Transions!  She's relatively new to the blogging community, author of The Shimmering Diamond, and a budding artist as well!  So here's her post- enjoy!  (P.S., hope you have a super snazzy Halloween, and stay safe if you plan on trick-or-treating!)  -Crazcatlover

How to draw your AJ animals (Arctic Wolf)



Hi, Guys! It's Transions today, and I'll be making a post as a guest author to help you draw your animals in both Animal Jam and your own style. Well, let's get into it!

First, you want to make a basic outline of the animal. It's a bit unnatural at first because most people just want to start drawing small details but trust me, your drawing will turn out much better overall. Make sure to make them very light pencil lines. I also have some friends that sketch in erasable red and blue colored pencil. In digital art, I like to make light gray lines but you can really use any color. In many drawing programs you can work in layers so that you don't have to worry about stray lines from the outline.

Now, go back and finish the outer layer of the animal. Also, go back and erase the light pencil lines.

Once you have the outline start to work on the face. What pops out to most people is the eyes. Most of the time I either do my style of eyes which look like this: 
Or the Animal Jam eyes which usually come out something like this:
Now, sometimes Animal Jam art pieces have hair on the characters. For me, it sort of depends on how the animal is coming along.


After you finish the actual body draw the patterns and items on the character. This part is pretty self explanatory.
Then, figure out how you want to ink the drawing. I usually use a combination of Prismacolor  markers and a black Sharpie pen. In digital art I usually outline in very dark gray.

Now, the final step is to color it in! When choosing a color scheme keep in mind what items the character is wearing and what their personality is like. Try to imagine yourself as character in the drawing. What colors would you want then? I think that these are the colors that I'm going to use.

Add shading in places such as the legs farthest back, under the stomach, and under the muzzle to give it more depth. And here's the final product!
Well, I hope that this helped you make some Animal Jam art! Have a great day!
-Transions


My Animal Jam username is Transions and my blog is The Shimmering Diamond. My G+ is also Transions!

2 comments:

This blog is for Jammers of all ages, so there are some comment rules:
LINKS MUST BE ANIMAL JAM RELATED, AND APPROPRIATE!
Don't post links to unrelated or inappropriate websites, or your comment won't be approved.
NO BAD WORDS!
Comments with swear/curse words will never be approved! Keep your comments clean.
BE NICE!
Keep your comments kind! Constructive criticism is appreciated, but bullying of any kind is not.
NO PERSONAL INFO!
I will not approve comments containing or asking for personally identifiable information!

Thanks for visiting The Animal Jam Artists Collaborative!