Friday, October 13, 2017

Guest Author contest + Art for Arcticstar

  Heyoooooooo, Jammers!  Canine Claw isn't able to post for the rest of this month, leaving me with 3 Tuesdays with no author to write posts for, sooooo I decided now would be the perfect time to do something I've been thinking about for a while- host a guest-author contest!

  To enter, write an article at least 250 words long about how to do your favorite kind of art, be it draw, sculpt, write, make videos, or any other form of art and how you create AJ content with your art, and send it to crazcatloverajartcontest@gmail.com by October 26th for a chance to be featured on the AJAC blog!  Make sure to include your Animal Jam username and your Animal Jam blog and/or (non-personal) Google+ user if you have either.  Guest posts will be featured every Tuesday throughout the month, and I may ask one or more of the featured Jammers to become an official guest author for the AJAC!  

  Tip- it's often helpful to provide a visual to go along with your post.  If you decide to write about, for example, how to make phantom sculptures for your post, you could take pictures of the steps, or even film the process and make a video to go along with your post!


  I made this little edit for it; if you could share this edit with a link to this blog post on your blog or with any friends who might be interested in entering, it'd really help out! 

  Also, earlier, I asked Sarahkey8 to give me a random AJ blogger to draw, and she told me to draw Arcticstar Jamaa, another author here on the AJAC, so I thought, sure, that'd be fun!  Soooo I drew Arctic's raccoon, and I'm quite happy with the result!


   That's all for today's post!  I hope you have a fabulous day full of flowers and singing (though not singing flowers, because that would be weird).  This is Crazcatlover, signing out.



8 comments:

  1. When are the guest post entries due?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. October 26th (but it'd be really helpful if you could do it before this Tuesday so that I can have a post to post on Tuesday XDD)

      Delete
  2. I WANTS TO DO THIS!

    So, when you say "any form" it could mean writing? After all, I'm much better at writing then anything else.

    Secondly, what about a collab post where two people who aren't normally authors write a post together?

    Thanks for giving us this opportunity!

    -Snowlondon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep; any form is great! Usually when people think 'artist', they think of an illustrator (someone who draws). But writers, musicians, sculptors, even film-makers are all artists, so it'd be a lot of fun to have a writer here on the AJAC!
      And I think a collaborative post is an awesome idea (after all, 'collaborative' is in the name!)!

      Delete
  3. Would try out but haven't decided completely!

    Ooo, lovely art!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know all of the authors would love if you joined, but I completely understand if you don't want to take on the extra work, especially if you're already busy. After all, you already have your own blog and that's a lot of work! It's up to you, Lost :)

      Delete
  4. Ahh!!! This is beautiful!

    Thank you so much Cat! And thank you Sarah for suggesting me, haha!

    - Arctic

    ReplyDelete

This blog is for Jammers of all ages, so there are some comment rules:
LINKS MUST BE ANIMAL JAM RELATED, AND APPROPRIATE!
Don't post links to unrelated or inappropriate websites, or your comment won't be approved.
NO BAD WORDS!
Comments with swear/curse words will never be approved! Keep your comments clean.
BE NICE!
Keep your comments kind! Constructive criticism is appreciated, but bullying of any kind is not.
NO PERSONAL INFO!
I will not approve comments containing or asking for personally identifiable information!

Thanks for visiting The Animal Jam Artists Collaborative!