Sunday, October 29, 2017

Halloween Drawing - Blooming

Heeeeeeeee-llo jammers! XD Purple here! I'm currently suffering from a really bad flu and so this post is gonna be really short. Sorry about that! D:

Anyways, you guys might not know this but I LOVE Halloween! Candy, costumes and all that good stuff. :P (Also because I think I'm edgy but um.) During Halloween, I also like to make a lot of themed drawings but this year, I haven't had much time to draw things. School was easy last week and so I thought about drawing something Halloween-related aaaaaaaaaaand I settled on drawing my wolf but in spook-mode (aka October mode).

Without further ado, here's the drawing!
Yes, I know the drawing looks off in some places but I drew this from scratch with a mouse, while SICK. What can you expect? XD But in all honesty, I think I'm pretty happy with how it looks overall especially since I was basically dying while drawing this. Please remember that when you feel really sick, you DON'T need to force yourself to draw or do anything like that. It'll only make you worse if you don't rest. I only did it because I'm really stupid. :')
I feel like the anatomy in this drawing is a bit better since I used a reference. I'll be drawing wolves in this style from now on. I always draw wolves with really long necks and by looking at a reference, I finally figured out where I was going wrong.
The drawing is really simple but I had no energy to add more stuff to it. The more detail, the better the drawing is but I think this is okay too. :)
-----------------------------------------------------------------
ART TIP: Try new things when you're drawing! It sounds super hard to jump out of your comfort zone but once you start drawing in new styles and such, you'll realize that it's really useful to be able to draw new things.
-------------------------------------------------------------
Anyways, that's all for this post! Adios! XD

10 comments:

  1. That's great! The scarf is really flowy and pretty ^^ Though, the mouth and the neck really need a few small tweaks.
    Muzzles don't really work like that--though they do go in a bit when the top and bottom jaw meet, it's not that noticeable. I'd also try to not make the bottom of the muzzle that thick, if you know what I mean.
    When the neck goes into the scarf, it shouldn't look that skinny. It's not really natural for a neck to be skinny then a scarf covers it and boom–thick.

    Buttttt, you DID do this with a mouse while sick and this is your first time drawing like this, so I can't criticize you too much for that ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness, I totally messed up on the neck part! I never noticed how the neck looks skinny and then thick after the scarf. It wasn’t intended at all, I swear. XD
      I made a lot of mistakes in this drawing mainly because my head was a little dizzy from the flu, I would’ve realized the mistake with the neck right away but I didn’t for some reason.
      Thanks so much for the criticism! (That sounds weird but I really do appreciate it XD) I’ll keep it in mind next time I draw something. :D

      Delete
  2. Turns out that I accidentally published this on Saturday. Ahh, I’m so sorry! This won’t happen again. I’ll be careful when I’m scheduling next time. Sorry if I confused some people (which I probably did >.<)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. XDDD- I saw that, and I wondered "Did Purple accidentally think it was Sunday?"
      XD, it's fine though! :D

      Delete
  3. Amazing! :DD I love how you did the leaves :O

    ReplyDelete
  4. As always, I’m in love with this drawing!!! I love the face and the colors and leaves!

    I noticed Sharae mentioned that the mouth was too noticeable but personally, the mouth looks PERFECT! If you were going for a really realistic drawing, then yeah, it’d be weird to have that but since purple wolves don’t really exist and you did this in a manga ish style, then it’s wonderful!

    Lovely as usual! <3

    ReplyDelete

This blog is for Jammers of all ages, so there are some comment rules:
LINKS MUST BE ANIMAL JAM RELATED, AND APPROPRIATE!
Don't post links to unrelated or inappropriate websites, or your comment won't be approved.
NO BAD WORDS!
Comments with swear/curse words will never be approved! Keep your comments clean.
BE NICE!
Keep your comments kind! Constructive criticism is appreciated, but bullying of any kind is not.
NO PERSONAL INFO!
I will not approve comments containing or asking for personally identifiable information!

Thanks for visiting The Animal Jam Artists Collaborative!