Friday, October 6, 2017

Drawing wolves compared to foxes + New admin!

  So.  It's not TOO late in the day.  I realized I'm supposed to post while it's still Friday, so that's good, I suppose.  But still, I've been trying to get my posts ready on Thursdays so they can come out early in the day for you guys to read come Friday.  I kiiiiinda got distracted because I totally dropped my computer yesterday, and now it won't charge, so a computer that can't charge is pretty much useless.

  During all that confusion, I totally blanked that I had to make a post until like, an hour ago when I was like, "Hm, I should check comments today and approve some..."  Then I saw that Karalee had posted on Wednesday, thinking, 'Oh cool, she posted early!  The Friday author hasn't posted yet, though..."

  And then I realized, I'M the Friday author!  Eek!  I had this whole idea to make a tutorial on how to draw Animal Jam foxes, but due to the time limit, this isn't going to be a huge tutorial, just a simple comparison.  If you're interested in a more in-depth tutorial, let me know!

  So, wolves are the most common animals on Animal Jam, be them regular wolves or arctic wolves, and most AJ artists begin by drawing wolves- tons of wolves.  When I first started to draw Jammers' AJ animals for them, everyone wanted me to draw their wolf, so I didn't get the chance to practice drawing other animals a lot.  When people did ask me to draw other animals, I drew them all looking like wolves, since that was what I knew.  So my drawings of foxes came out preeeetty wonky. 

  In order to distinguish the differences between wolves and foxes in order to be able to draw them both, find photographs of both wolves and foxes and compare the two.  Here are two similar ones that I found:

  Notice that wolves are stockier than small, slim, agile foxes.  This is because foxes tend to eat smaller prey, while wolves, with their larger frame, eat larger prey like deer.  You can also see that foxes have bigger ears and smaller snouts than wolves.



  As you inspect the photographs of wolves and foxes, draw them!  These are the two examples I drew.  Since I was rather rushed, they're not the most high-quality drawings I've ever done, heh.  And since I'm so used to drawing wolves, the wolf turned out noticeably better than the fox.  If you experience this as well, don't worry.  All it takes to improve art is practice, and of course if you practice drawing wolves more often than foxes, you can draw wolves better than foxes.  Rather than avoid what you aren't good at drawing, draw that the most.  That way, you can become good at drawing it!

  That's all for today.  Wait, I have a few announcements before I go!  First off, Sharae16 is our new comment moderator, so comments should be approved a lot more quickly than they were!  And secondly, for those of you who were wondering who got Clyde from last week's post, Iluvsnowdrop was the winner!  Enjoy your masterpiece of Clyde ^.^


  Have an amazing day full of nature documentaries and cute phantom pets!  


1 comment:

This blog is for Jammers of all ages, so there are some comment rules:
LINKS MUST BE ANIMAL JAM RELATED, AND APPROPRIATE!
Don't post links to unrelated or inappropriate websites, or your comment won't be approved.
NO BAD WORDS!
Comments with swear/curse words will never be approved! Keep your comments clean.
BE NICE!
Keep your comments kind! Constructive criticism is appreciated, but bullying of any kind is not.
NO PERSONAL INFO!
I will not approve comments containing or asking for personally identifiable information!

Thanks for visiting The Animal Jam Artists Collaborative!