Saturday, May 26, 2018

My New Dash Tag Art Challenge - Day 1!

WHY HELLO FELLOW ARTISTS AND ANIMAL-JAMMERS! XD


Today's post is gonna be a bit different, but hopefully it's to your liking! Go ahead and sit back, and I'll explain!


Alright, so, the other day I was playing Dash Tag (the AJ-related endless runner app), and some of the pets' personalities really stood out to me. If you don't know, each pet on Dash Tag has a little certificate that says its favorite toy, favorite food, and a little something about the pet (although AJHQ seems to be having so much fun with this game that some of the descriptions are actually jokes, XD)! Very similar to a pet certificate on AJ!
Anyways, some of the descriptions said some things that made me think "It would be fun to draw the pet doing that!"
So, I decided to challenge myself! I've picked out a variety of pets from the game who had things I could draw them doing in their descriptions, and I'll be drawing a different one every week and posting it here on Saturday!

So here we are - day one!

I showed my sister, Velvetglimmer, the pets I was going to draw, and she helped me choose which pet I should draw first! And she decided on Stripes the snake!


I told you AJHQ was having fun making these. XD
But anyways, it says he likes microwave popcorn (hm, odd for a snake... XD) and sneaking snacks into the movies, XD! So I combined those and made this!

He's got a sort of evil look on his face because - well, he snuck that popcorn in, XD!
I have a very limited amount of colored pencils, and I didn't have the specific colors Stripes was, so I had to mix some! The two main colors here (the pink and purple on the body) were each made from a color layered on top of another one, XD!
I didn't expect I would get this on my first try! I NEVER draw snakes! But they're actually kinda fun! Plus, I really like how that tail wrapped around the popcorn turned out... XD!



So, what do you guys think? Do you like this first drawing of the challenge? Any pets you want to suggest for me to draw later on? Go ahead and tell me if so! ;)


See you all next time for Day 2 of this little personal challenge, hehe! Until then, remember to...
Actually, wait, let's do something different today!
Remember to Party hard, be awesome, and keep drawing! XD


14 comments:

  1. EK SWIRL THIS IS SO CUTE!
    Omg if I tried doing a tail around popcorn like that it'd look soo weird XDD
    *Husky Ninja

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU JA!!!
      ANd XD, I bet it'd look better than you think!! ;)

      Delete
  2. Oh my gosh! This is such a cool challenge! I’ll definitely be looking forward to these posts!!!

    OM THAT IS HILARIOUS, AJ!! XD the fact that some are jokes actually really make me wanna play the game! (I kinda love jokes like, Stripes description, in games. Undertale has a lot of hilarious jokes. XD)

    I WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOUR ART. SO CUTE!!!!!!! :0 Your so talented!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAAAAY! I'M GLAD, XD!

      XDD yeah, I guess AJ's really having fun making jokes for the descriptions! And ooh yes, it's a fun game once you get the hang of it!

      AW, THANK YOOOU SO MUCH LOST! ;D

      Delete
  3. Ooh :o I cant wait for more Swirl!! ITS SO CUTE :O I love the popcorn XD!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! This is such a cool idea! I really like the drawing. It's so cute. ^.^ Good job, Swirl! I'd love to see more of these kinds of pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for the late reply, but tysm Koolest!! ;)

      Delete
  5. Not to restate what everyone else said but CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So awesome!!!

    Do you mind if I start doing this?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhhh, sorry for the late reply! But yes, you can absolutely do this challenge, or something like it, if you want to! :D

      Delete

This blog is for Jammers of all ages, so there are some comment rules:
LINKS MUST BE ANIMAL JAM RELATED, AND APPROPRIATE!
Don't post links to unrelated or inappropriate websites, or your comment won't be approved.
NO BAD WORDS!
Comments with swear/curse words will never be approved! Keep your comments clean.
BE NICE!
Keep your comments kind! Constructive criticism is appreciated, but bullying of any kind is not.
NO PERSONAL INFO!
I will not approve comments containing or asking for personally identifiable information!

Thanks for visiting The Animal Jam Artists Collaborative!