Sunday, May 20, 2018

How to Draw a Chibi Koala Tutorial/Process

Hey there, people, bunnies, penguins, seals, otters, world, friends, flowers.... and of COURSE JAMMERS!! Today I am filling for Sarah, since she and Ja have gotten their dog Trump, and are busy with trump, so she asked me to post:) Guess yall know what that means...
A FULL POST WITH ME!!! Ain't that great? 

So, today I will be doing a drawing tutorial for a chibi koala!
(Thanks for helping me with what I should post Lost)

Step 1: Draw the outline and use reference images (if needed)
So, for this, I decided to use a reference image (that is actually from wikipedia).
I then drew an outline of the koala, to trace over after and add colour too.
Now, usually when I draw digitally on the computer, I do the outline in blue. Though you don't have to do that all, you could totally do it whatever colour you wish:)
 *If your drawing still needs some touch ups you can do it later*


Also, if you don't you layers when drawing you can still do this tutorial, the normal way you would without the layers!

Step 2: Make a new layer, and trace over the drawing in the main colour you will use.
For this step, I only outlined the koala, since it is the main focus. Once the koala is done, then you can make another layer to do the tree trunk/bark on, this will make it easier!

Step 3: Make the 3rd layer and colour the koala in!
If there are any adjustments needed to be made once the koala is coloured in you can do it at this step.  

Step 4: Do the tree
For tree, I outlined it first with a darker shade. After than I coloured it in with a light shade of brown. Then I added lines in the darker brown from before to represent the bark. I also blended the browns together very lightly and used a tool with fingers on it (this was on chickensmoothie, not exactly sure what the tool was called...)

Step: The final steps, the background. final touch ups.
For this step, all that happened was, I went to layer 1 and used the watercolour tool in a green that would show up visible. You then will have to follow the same technique and add darker greens. But make sure the greens are overlapping and blending in with eachother and not just replacing the colour's spot. You can also do some final touchups with this step, like removing the blue outline lines if you used them and other things too!

VOILA!! THE FINAL PRODUCT!!
I did put a little watermark in the corner, that says Jelly, since it was made on CS and my nickname on CS is Jelly. 

I hope you all enjoyed this tutorial/process. It was actually really fun to make. If you end up doing this I would love to see your results:) 

Well, I guess thats it for this post, I will see you guys another time on this blog, with another post in the near future:D (or you can just hunt me down in the comments or on my blog if ya miss me to much XDD)

See ya soon:)




7 comments:

  1. That is SO cute!! :3 Love the lil koala x3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute post, I love that art. I need to get back into art... What is CS?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chicken smoothie, it’s a game where you adopt pets, and trade them and draw and do other stuff:) Thanks Q!!

      Delete
  3. Oh my goodness, this is so CUTEEEE VI :O

    ReplyDelete

This blog is for Jammers of all ages, so there are some comment rules:
LINKS MUST BE ANIMAL JAM RELATED, AND APPROPRIATE!
Don't post links to unrelated or inappropriate websites, or your comment won't be approved.
NO BAD WORDS!
Comments with swear/curse words will never be approved! Keep your comments clean.
BE NICE!
Keep your comments kind! Constructive criticism is appreciated, but bullying of any kind is not.
NO PERSONAL INFO!
I will not approve comments containing or asking for personally identifiable information!

Thanks for visiting The Animal Jam Artists Collaborative!