Monday, July 9, 2018

Painting Parodies Project!

Hiya there Jammers, Arctic here!

Now, if you were around last week you would know that I was thinking about a cool summer art project for me to work on that I could post about each week (kind of like a series) that would show the progression of my project.

In terms of masterpieces so far I have attempted landscapes, still life, fan art, and some simple pixel works. One thing I haven't tried, though, is replicas of famous paintings!

But that got me thinking. There are many talented artists on AJ who make AMAZING replicas of famous paintings (I'm talking windycityblues ). One thing I haven't seen a lot of, however, is parody masterpieces. Parodies are a really fun way to incorporate your own interests into classical works!

Here are some cool examples of parodies of paintings you might recognize:




Wouldn't it be cool to do a parody masterpiece with an Animal Jam twist? I definitely don't know how this will work- and I'm positive it would take a LONG time, but that's what I'm going for. I'd like to have a challenge while keeping things fun and interesting!

Now, all I have to decide is what painting I want to try and parody! I guess my job this week is to figure out what painting to parody and then report back to all of you.

Here's to an exciting summer project!

6 comments:

  1. That is a great idea! (The only AJ one I can think of that people have done would be the Mona-Liza? Somebody kind of did that 2nd one with J2,idkkk?) Can't wait to see how it will/would turn out :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah!

      Oh, that's cool! I'd love to see this "Mona Liza" - I don't think I have before!

      - Arctic

      Delete
  2. This is gonna be so cool. I can’t wait to see the final product!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOOOH! That would be cool!

    And maybe you could try replicating one of the famous Artymis masterpieces if you want an AJ touch.

    Or do an ACTUAL masterpiece and maybe for a little twist, you can add your raccoon in random places! That would be cool, like a "find all the artic stars"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kitty!

      Oooh true- that's a great idea! Maybe in the background of the masterpiece or somewhere! Speaking of background Arctics, a "Where's Waldo?" masterpiece with my raccoon hiding somewhere as Waldo would be pretty neat too!

      - Arctic

      Delete

This blog is for Jammers of all ages, so there are some comment rules:
LINKS MUST BE ANIMAL JAM RELATED, AND APPROPRIATE!
Don't post links to unrelated or inappropriate websites, or your comment won't be approved.
NO BAD WORDS!
Comments with swear/curse words will never be approved! Keep your comments clean.
BE NICE!
Keep your comments kind! Constructive criticism is appreciated, but bullying of any kind is not.
NO PERSONAL INFO!
I will not approve comments containing or asking for personally identifiable information!

Thanks for visiting The Animal Jam Artists Collaborative!