Saturday, July 14, 2018

Dash Tag Challenge - Day 6!

Hello hello everyone! Very sorry for my absence last week - I was still on a trip in a completely different state, and I didn't bring my computer with me, nor my colored pencils, XD!
But today I'm back to pick up where we left off, meaning today is Day 6 of the challenge!!


Today, I decided (pretty quickly) on drawing Cupid the reindeer!


She's pretty common on Dash Tag for me - I've caught her like, 6 times, XD!
I'd never really drawn an AJ reindeer until today, but the way they're designed is adorable, and actually fit well with my style, in my opinion!!
Anywho, as you can see, her description mentions a marshmallow gun. Yup, I drew one of those. And, uh, had to Google "marshmallow gun" for a reference picture. XD

So here's beautiful #6 (hehe, because she's the sixth reindeer mentioned in Rudolph... I'll stop talking now.), CUPID!!!

 
Remember when I said Lizzy was my favorite that I had drawn? Very sorry, Lizzy, but I think Cupid has beat you out this time! XD
Seriously, I am so happy with how this drawing came out!! The body and head were very easy to draw, and the colors weren't too hard to make, either! Just had to do a bit of mixing on the antlers, nose, and collar-thing (yes, she does have that! I didn't notice until today, but it looks like the red heart on her chest IS attached to something! XD)!
However, this one DID take me forever to actually finish. That marshmallow gun took quite a while to make correctly.

And the hooves.
The HOOVES.
Until today, I'd also never drawn hooves holding something like this.
I can't tell you how many different things I had to try for that *studies it* left hoof. I finally just decided on making it the way it is, because, uh... all the other things I tried looked stupid. 
And yes, I'm aware that that hoof is defying logic. But I mean... a deer holding something with its hoof is defying logic anyway...
So uh, SHHHH. DON'T THINK ABOUT THAT HOOF AND ITS GRIP ON THE HANDLE TOO HARD, BECAUSE I ALREADY DID. XDD
The right arm was a last minute add-on - I had the front handle drawn, and I figured it'd look kinda odd if something wasn't holding onto it! THAT hoof was MUCH easier to draw. XD
Now that I think about it, maybe I could've...
Ahem. Never mind. What's done is done! XD



Anywho, I hope you all enjoy Cupid's art as much as I do! Until next time, I hope you all have a great day/night, and remember to PARTY HARD, BE CREATIVE, and KEEP DRAWING! :P


2 comments:

This blog is for Jammers of all ages, so there are some comment rules:
LINKS MUST BE ANIMAL JAM RELATED, AND APPROPRIATE!
Don't post links to unrelated or inappropriate websites, or your comment won't be approved.
NO BAD WORDS!
Comments with swear/curse words will never be approved! Keep your comments clean.
BE NICE!
Keep your comments kind! Constructive criticism is appreciated, but bullying of any kind is not.
NO PERSONAL INFO!
I will not approve comments containing or asking for personally identifiable information!

Thanks for visiting The Animal Jam Artists Collaborative!