Monday, August 20, 2018

The Panda With a Pearl Earring: Part 3!

Hey Jammers, Arctic here!

Now if you've been keeping up with my posts over the last few weeks, you'll know that I have been working on a masterpiece parodying a famous work of art called Girl with a Pearl Earring. Each week I have worked a little bit more on the masterpiece to show you guys the progression of my art as I work toward the end result. Now that we're all caught up, let's see what we have now!

As always, here is the original for reference:


So last week we left off with a bit of rough shading and smoothing to give the piece a bit more shape and an illusion of 3D-ness, leaving us here:




Now, I was pretty happy with how it looked at this point. However, I began to realize that the colours are far lighter than the original, and was still lacking form because there wasn't any significant shadowing happening. So, this week I played around with the airbrush and the smudge tool to really create more of a dramatic contrast between light and dark, thereby creating more depth.


I still have to finish adding shadows to most of the headpiece, but I did a lot with the body and dress this week which I am happy about! Over the next week I might try and tackle some shading throughout the rest of the piece.

That's all for now, folks. Stay tuned for next week!

3 comments:

  1. This is gonna look awesome when it’s done. I mean it already does look awesome but stillXD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh this is so cool! Can’t wait to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete

This blog is for Jammers of all ages, so there are some comment rules:
LINKS MUST BE ANIMAL JAM RELATED, AND APPROPRIATE!
Don't post links to unrelated or inappropriate websites, or your comment won't be approved.
NO BAD WORDS!
Comments with swear/curse words will never be approved! Keep your comments clean.
BE NICE!
Keep your comments kind! Constructive criticism is appreciated, but bullying of any kind is not.
NO PERSONAL INFO!
I will not approve comments containing or asking for personally identifiable information!

Thanks for visiting The Animal Jam Artists Collaborative!