Monday, July 10, 2017

Welcome to the Animal Jam Artists Collaborative!

  Hi, there!  I'm Crazcatlover, from The Crazcat Blog!  I've decided to make a brand new, cooperative blog for Animal Jam artists of all kinds to post their art, art tips, and meet new artist friends!  Right now, I need authors!

  You don't have to be super great at art to try out to be an author.  I'm looking for positive Jammers who would be able to post at least once a week/once every 2 weeks.  And any type of art, whether it's drawings, Masterpieces, edits, or perhaps something else, can count!

  I'm not sure how many authors I will accept in the beginning, although I'm looking for at least 5.  I will host try-outs for new authors in the future, so if you don't get accepted now, it's okay!  I plan on hosting try-outs for new members every few months.
 
  And, yeah!  Click here for the Google Form to enter the initial try-outs!
  Initial try-outs end July 17th, so if you want the chance to be one of the beginning authors, make sure to enter now!

  If you're under the age of 13, please ask a parent/guardian for permission before entering!

  However, if you're not an artist yourself, it'd be greatly appreciated if you spread the word!  Let your artist friends know about this project, and ask them if they might want to enter!  You can also use this graphic to promote this project on your own blog:



11 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I am gonna post about this on my blog. Art isn't my think xD
      Question: Is there going to be any art tips on the blog?

      Delete
    2. Thanks for sharing!

      Yep, I plan on having a whole page dedicated to art tips :)

      Delete
  2. Art Tips From SnowyClaw and Artymis (From Snowy Presents)


    1. Sketch your Master piece (Doesn't have to be perfect just a little outline of where your shapes and colors are going to be)
    1.1. Don't forget to Save master piece everyone and awhile
    2. Draw your background
    3. Paint your Base/main Colors
    3.1 for sad themed MP use darker colors, for happy light colors.
    3.2 For smaller areas use the paint brush
    4. Add Shading And Lighting!
    4.1 Make sure all your base/main colors are filled in before shading and lighting!
    4.2 for shading use colors that are a bit darker then the base/main colors,
    4.3 make sure you know where your light source is
    4.4 for reflecting make a white shine
    4.5 don't be afraid to keep adding layers, save first, but then just adding layers and details, and playing around with your art seeing what you like.

    Idk why I wrote the numbers like that lol.
    *Husky Ninja

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for that! Perhaps there will be weekly tutorial videos posted on this blog... I'm definitely considering having authors post art tips at the end of each post (like how on the AJFC there are Bible verses at the end of each post) :)

      Delete
  3. Hi, Crazcatlover!
    I think this blog is a GREAT idea, and I think it will e as good as your other blog! :D
    I filled out the Try-Out Form, but I'm a bit confused... How will I know if I've been chosen as an author?
    Again, this blog is great idea, and I'm excited to see it in the future!
    (:
    ~ Iluvsnowdrop

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there, Iluvsnowdrop! Once I choose the authors, I will contact everyone who entered by the e-mail (or other means of contacting them) they entered to let them know whether or not they were chosen to be one of the initial authors :)
      I will be choosing however many artists will be needed in order for daily posts, and this number will depend on the schedules selected by the authors chosen :)

      Delete
    2. OK, thanks for letting me know, Crazcatlover!
      Good luck on the new blog!
      (:
      ~ Iluvsnowdrop

      Delete
  4. Personally, I really hope I get picked! I need more responsibilities...
    Wow, I didn't think I'd EVER be saying that!
    ~WolfyGamer6224

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha :) I started making YouTube videos so that I could prove to myself that I could do something on a schedule XD Currently I've taken a break from YouTube because I need new equipment, but I went for a year of (mostly) regular uploads.

      3 more days until the authors are chosen =) Even if you're not chosen as one of the initial authors, new author try-outs will be hosted regularly, so you'll still have a chance to in the future!

      Delete

This blog is for Jammers of all ages, so there are some comment rules:
LINKS MUST BE ANIMAL JAM RELATED, AND APPROPRIATE!
Don't post links to unrelated or inappropriate websites, or your comment won't be approved.
NO BAD WORDS!
Comments with swear/curse words will never be approved! Keep your comments clean.
BE NICE!
Keep your comments kind! Constructive criticism is appreciated, but bullying of any kind is not.
NO PERSONAL INFO!
I will not approve comments containing or asking for personally identifiable information!

Thanks for visiting The Animal Jam Artists Collaborative!