Monday, July 31, 2017

All About Arctic!

Hey Jammers! Arctic here!

*crickets*

Oh, uhm, I guess some of you don't know who I am, eh? Alright, there's an easy way to fix that!

*hides behind a rock, and then jumps out from behind it*

Hey Jammers! I'm Arcticstar8404, but you can call me Arctic. I'm one of the new authors here on the AJAC, and let me tell you, I'm super stoked to be here! Now that we're acquainted, let's get into some stuff about who I am!

I'm a long-time Blogger and Jammer! You may know me from such blogs as the Animal Jam Community (on which I became an author in 2014, and have since gone on to become an administrator/co-owner) and the Animal Jam Friendship Community (on which I'm an author who posts on Fridays!). I'll be your new Monday author - I look forward to getting to know all of you better!

Art-wise, I'd say I'm not as advanced as a lot of Jammers. I work hard, but I'm definitely not the best. I feel like I'm actually better at editing than I am at art, but I do love doing both! So, it's likely that I'll be posting more edits on here than art (art takes me longer) so stay tuned!

RAPID FIRE ARCTIC FACTS TIME:
  • I'm a proud Canadian
  • My favourite school subjects are English, Journalism, and French.
  • I'm quite good at photography!
  • My favourite colour is green
  • I love mustard. A lot.
  • My favourite chocolate bar is Coffee Crisp
  • My favourite potato chip flavour is Ketchup
  • My favourite pop is Root Beer
  • My favourite kind of music is classic rock and my favourite band is the Beatles
  • I'm a total nut for Harry Potter (my all time favourite series!)
  • I have played piano for 11 years, and guitar for 2 years. I am extremely passionate about music.
Hm, yep! I think that just about covers it!

Here's some examples of my work:

Edits:



Masterpieces:




Art:



So, that's a taste of what I can do! It takes me a long time to do art/edits, so a lot of my stuff will probably be a work-in-progress or unfinished. That's alright, though! How can you improve without a lot of practice work?

For those of you that are on the AJA (Animal Jam Amino) my username is Arcticstar. You should probably be able to recognize me by my profile picture (my main animal: raccoon with an acorn hat and violin).

I think that just about covers it... Yep! I'll see you all next week with my first official post!

Send me a lemon at arcticstarjamaa@gmail.com !

7 comments:

  1. Your art is amazing, would you be able to post some of your photography on here since it technically is a type of art?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since is an Animal Jam blog, I would prefer most of the art to be Animal Jam related. Some photographs would be okay in posts, so if Arctic wants to share a few photos, that'd be cool. I don't want a whole lot of unrelated art here (though any Animal Jam-related photographs are quite welcome).

      Delete
    2. Thanks Violet!

      I agree with Cat. I wouldn't wanna spam the blog with too many un-related photos. However, I'd be happy to show some every now and again!

      - Arctic

      Delete
  2. Your art and edits are both so awesome! :D And you draw with a mouse, right :o

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah!! Yep, I draw with a mouse!

      - Arctic

      Delete
  3. Super snazzy post, Arctic! (Also, your art is AMAZING!)

    ReplyDelete

This blog is for Jammers of all ages, so there are some comment rules:
LINKS MUST BE ANIMAL JAM RELATED, AND APPROPRIATE!
Don't post links to unrelated or inappropriate websites, or your comment won't be approved.
NO BAD WORDS!
Comments with swear/curse words will never be approved! Keep your comments clean.
BE NICE!
Keep your comments kind! Constructive criticism is appreciated, but bullying of any kind is not.
NO PERSONAL INFO!
I will not approve comments containing or asking for personally identifiable information!

Thanks for visiting The Animal Jam Artists Collaborative!