Friday, October 20, 2017

Sketches for THE PROJECT!

  Hey, folks, Crazcatlover here! (I don't know why I feel like I have to clarify that every time but... meh XD)  SO.  First, I'd like to share some sketches for my illustration for THE PROJECT (a huge AJ blogger collaborative writing/illustrating/creative stuff project, click HERE if you'd like some more information!).

(I'm aware that this is a bit awkward...  When sketching poses, it's best to focus solely on the pose and getting proportions right, and add details like outfits and hair afterwards.  It makes everything work a LOT smoother in the end!  But it sometimes ends up a bit awkward if anybody sees you drawing the sketch....)
  This was my first sketch attempt.  It, uh.... didn't turn out too well.  I'm illustrating for Violet's chapter of the project, and I was trying to draw the scene where Vi reunites with the others.  In case you don't know, I struggle greatly with drawing multiple characters interacting with each other.  Composition is HUGE for pieces with multiple characters; but that's something that I'm still trying to learn.  After much attempt and much fail, I decided to give up on drawing the characters as humans, and seeing as Vi had accidentally written her chapter as the characters being their AJ animals since her chapter was set in Jamaa anyway, I decided, 'Why try to mess with drawing them as humans if it's not even accurate?', soooo...

  ... at 3'o'clock this morning, I loosely sketched this.  And somehow, I managed to draw something I liked better at 3 in the morning, sleep-deprived and half-awake, than something that I'd tried drawing previously at a normal, decent hour.  Honestly, sometimes, it's good to stop focusing on the little details of a drawing and just sketch very loosely.  This is an issue that I personally face- I want to make all the little details of a drawing 100% perfect, and while I focus on things like making sure the eyes and hairstyle look good, that I lose a lot in terms of composition.  

  So, yeah!  My illustration is due tomorrow but so far all I have is these sketches... heh...  I promise, I'll work on it later today/tomorrow morning!  Keep in mind, it's going to probably end up being a more loose and sketch-y drawing.  I personally like drawings that are a bit of a sketch; it feels like it captures emotion that is really difficult to get with a finished drawing.  Anyways, I'll post that on G+ when it's done, and I'll show ya'll in next week's post as well!

   I had some other subjects that I wanted to talk about, but this post is already getting a bit long, and taking a long time to write, so I'll talk about that some other time.  Before I go, I'd like to remind you that we are hosting a GUEST AUTHOR SEARCH here on the AJAC!  Nobody's entered it yet, so chances are likely that if you send in your entry by this Tuesday, I'll feature it (because I have nothing to feature heh).  So definitely check that out if you'd like to write posts for the AJAC as a guest author.  You wouldn't have to write full-time, just whenever the assigned author for a day simply can't make a post, so if you have a busy schedule, don't worry; we can make this fit your schedule.

 
Feel free to share this graphic to spread the news!
  And that's all for today's post!  May your day be filled with love and peaceful ninjas!  Bye~


2 comments:

  1. Weren’t you gonna make the picture so they were half human and half animal? Also did you receive my email with the guest post entry?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes and yes, heh. But in the end I did this: https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/photo/110471655395350382450/6479377577921918370?icm=false&iso=true&sqid=102621571994451947964&ssid=e84a0a96-7671-4b5f-9a06-86c7e6a44916

      Delete

This blog is for Jammers of all ages, so there are some comment rules:
LINKS MUST BE ANIMAL JAM RELATED, AND APPROPRIATE!
Don't post links to unrelated or inappropriate websites, or your comment won't be approved.
NO BAD WORDS!
Comments with swear/curse words will never be approved! Keep your comments clean.
BE NICE!
Keep your comments kind! Constructive criticism is appreciated, but bullying of any kind is not.
NO PERSONAL INFO!
I will not approve comments containing or asking for personally identifiable information!

Thanks for visiting The Animal Jam Artists Collaborative!