Thursday, October 12, 2017

First Firealpaca Animation (And Cute Cacti)

Good morning/afternoon/evening/night, cardboard cacti! Today, I'll be showing you an animation I made on Firealpaca.


It's choppy, sharp, and not very good, but understand that I'm very new to this AND animations take so much time XD I've done animations before, but only on cheap apps like Flippy animations.

Anyways, this took about an hour, from main points to sketching to in betweens to finished lineart ^^ I was going to colour it and do eyes and facial features and stuff, but halfway through the lineart I was just like "nope. that's gonna take too long"

It was really fun to draw it and then see the final product, and I think i'll try harder next time because this was just me trying to get used to Firealpaca~
Also, for any for you wondering, Firealpaca is a free drawing site but they've added an animation mode.


Since that was very short, I'll also be showing you my cacti! There's a very useful tutorial by Kasey Golden if you want to make it yourself.
Front

It's pretty much this:
Cut out a piece of cardboard to make the shape
cut out fabric to match the shape
sew needles onto the fabric
sew the fabrics together, wrapping around cardboard, small parts first
stick it in a flower pot with something to keep it steady, and put brown fabric on it so it looks like dirt(I don't have an unused flower pot, my 67 plants need them all)
Put a nice flower made of fabric on it (optional)

Back

Out of toilet paper prison/pot

Anyways, I was bored so I made it and I think it's a very cute addition to my mostly bland room! (I made it stand on the pillow with telekinesis)

Anyways, see you next post, my cacti.





6 comments:

  1. That is so cool :o I wanna learn how to animate, but I would probably be to lazy to do it XD
    That Cacti is awesome :OO

    AW A TURTLE
    ONCE WE GOT A TURTLE ON THE ROAD
    AND KEPT HIM FOR LIKE 4 WEEKS
    HE WAS A PAINTED TURTLE
    HIS NAME WAS SHERBERT
    THEN WE HAD TO LET HIM GOO :'(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! That basic run cycle took 1 hour DX I'm just going to stick to short, easy basics for now. Don't wanna dive too deep on the first try :3 Cacti are amazing. And cute.

      Why'd you let him goooooo? That's so sad :( But, then again, a wild turtle is usually just wild.

      Spots is really cute when he's comfortable.. Stripes is adorable too but he never lets me get the camera close :(

      Delete
  2. Awesome, Sharae! I've recently gotten interested in animation as well, though I'm waiting to get a drawing tablet to reaaaallly start experimenting with it.


    Also

    that turtle



    is adorable

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been interested in animation ever since I was 9! My animations though.. They weren't good XD

      That's Spots, his tank was being cleaned so I took him out, and he FREAKED! I just.. casually put him in a small fabric box and stuffed some blankets in. He immediately calmed down and actually started sleeping! Those pics were when I accidentally woke him up and he poked his little head out. Stripes.. He was still being hyper and scratching all my furniture XD

      Delete
  3. Ive been trying to animate recently (like the past few months) I downloaded a program on the laptop I use except it confuses me so I have made a short animation on my ipad and then I started on another one. But with school there isn't a lot time to animate when you want to do other thingsXD But awesome animation though!!

    ReplyDelete

This blog is for Jammers of all ages, so there are some comment rules:
LINKS MUST BE ANIMAL JAM RELATED, AND APPROPRIATE!
Don't post links to unrelated or inappropriate websites, or your comment won't be approved.
NO BAD WORDS!
Comments with swear/curse words will never be approved! Keep your comments clean.
BE NICE!
Keep your comments kind! Constructive criticism is appreciated, but bullying of any kind is not.
NO PERSONAL INFO!
I will not approve comments containing or asking for personally identifiable information!

Thanks for visiting The Animal Jam Artists Collaborative!