Saturday, October 21, 2017

Reacting To My Old Art + New Art For Sarahkey8!

HEY GUYS!
MAN, I am super happy right now! I've been practicing for a month or so to audition for region choir- which is basically a choir made up of the best singers from a bunch of different schools. 
Today, I finally went to the auditions, and I was pretty sure I did well. Apparently I did, because my choir teacher texted me and said I made it into the region choir! YAY! :D
The whole process was VERY nerve-wracking though, XD!


Okay, anyways, ON WITH THE POST! XD!

Today, I'm going to be looking at some of my old art? If you read my blog, you may remember me doing posts like this a while back. Well, I'll be doing that, but with completely different art!
The art I'm going to be looking at is from a few years ago. It's not nearly as bad as some of the artwork I've made, but I still find it funny to see how much of a amatuer I was at art back in 6th grade, XDD!
Anyways, let's get started!

Oh goodness.
This is probably the cringiest one of the batch.
There are SO MANY THINGS I wish I could fix about this drawing! Like the ears... the eyes... the paws... the legs on the phantoms (don't ask me why I added phantoms, I have no idea)... 
Haha, yeah, it's obvious I didn't exactly know how to draw Peck at the time. XD!

OOHHH!!
YOU GUYS!
LOOK!
IT'S MY WOLF, FLORA DAISYPRIDE, WITH AN EARLY VERSION OF HER MAIN LOOK!!!
Ah, memories! XD!
Hm... what do I have to compliment my younger self on in this picture?
...
Um...
The Wind Tail Armor looks cool.
And...
Yeah, that's about it.
XD! Anyways, I obviously tried to make that odd back-shape of the AJ wolves, and it, uh, didn't turn out too well. I also thought I knew how to draw AJ wolf noses so well that I made them huge compared to the face. XD!

OH MY GOSH
LOOK AT ITS LIL' NUB LEGGIES!
XDD!!!
This was my old fox's look for a period of time, so I decided to try and draw it. 
Yeah, I, uh, wasn't very good at fox heads, either...
I GUESS the rest is meh? I dunno... I personally hate it, but whatever! XD!

OH
WHOOPS
I FORGOT ABOUT THIS ONE GUYS
THIS ONE IS THE CRINGIEST!
I think this was one of my first ever legitimate attempts at drawing a sitting cat. 
Or is is supposed to be standing?
Er... I really dunno what I was trying to do here.
It was supposed to be of a Warrior cat character I made up... Wildsong, I think her name was... but it didn't really work out, at ALL, and I even kinda knew at the time that it wasn't good, XD!
I used a picture of Leopardstar and tried to copy her fur pattern, but it kinda just turned out weird.

Okay, I have to be honest here- if it weren't for those TINY legs, I would probably like this picture a lot more.
However...
THOSE
LEGS.
XD! Yeah, you may have noticed by now that 6th-Grade Swirl needed to work on proportion!
This one was supposed to be of Tigerstar, another Warrior cat (but a real one this time, not an OC) in the Dark Forest, by the way!

Aaaand finally, a scene inspired by Warriors: The Last Hope! From left to right, I drew Mousefur, Firestar (the one who's larger because he's closer), Ferncloud, and Hollyleaf. I, uh, failed at the legs again... and I don't know why the heck Hollyleaf's front paws are just kinda floating in midair like that... but I GUESS it's a decent drawing? 
I honestly hate it- I should remake it sometime!



Alright! Well guys, I suppose that's all for now! Please remember to PARTY HARD, BE KIND, and JAM ON, and I'll see you all soon! :D







































































HA! Admit it, I got you! XD!
Before I go, I have something to show!
I was bored at school the other day, so I decided to FINALLY attempt to draw... Sarah's main animal!
I kinda put it off for a long time, because the Ice Armor is SUPER difficult to make, but I thought, "Hey, why not give it a shot?"
This is how it looked yesterday, when I didn't use a reference picture for anything except the headpiece...
 And here's how it looks now!
Now, I'm not done with it yet- I still have to erase some lines and color it- but I'm rather proud of this! Do you guys like how I did the Ice Wings? I didn't like how they turned out on my first attempt, and plus, I was rushing, so I erased them and tried again, and I think these look much better!

Anyways, once I'm finished, I'll post a picture of it! I hope you like it so far, Sarah! :D




Alright... I suppose it's time for me to end the post here! For REAL, this time! As always guys, remember to Party Hard, Be Kind, and Jam On! I'll see you all soon!




10 comments:

  1. It’d be cool if you recreated all those pictures and Sarah’s picture looks awesome so far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, that's a good idea, actually! I might end up doing that! :D

      Yaay, thank you! :D

      Delete
  2. I remember when my choir had a show in a church, then a mall. Very nerve wracking ^^

    Sometime's I'm lazy like that too! I can't draw Sarah's main fox bc the ice armor is way to complicated, let alone animate it XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh, yeah, it's stressful, but it's fun at the same time (at least for me, XD)!

      XD, same here! I have my own little style, though, so I kinda simplified it!

      Delete
  3. Thas a big noes
    XDD
    But seriously, your old art is probably better then my art rn XDD

    I HATE MOUSEFUR
    ..
    But I like ferncloud and hollyleaf, and of course Firestar
    so...
    XDD
    GREAT JOB :DD

    That looks AMAZING so far Swirl!! :D :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, no kidding, XDD!
      XD I dunno- it's very cringeyyyyy!

      OH SAME
      XD!

      Yayy- glad you like it!

      Delete
  4. Great job! Heh, everyone's art starts out cringey. The drawings I did of AJ animals in my diary from 6 years ago are just painful for me to look at now XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. XD! Yeah, I have a few drawings that I may redo sometime, so that I don't remember them as cringey, XD!

      Delete
  5. Wow, your old art is still really good!! :O Okay, so that nose on the wolf is quite huge but ALL OF MY WOLVES LOOK LIKE THAT TOO SO WHATEVES. XD

    OOOOOOOOOO MY GOOOOOODNESSSSSSSSSS, SARAH LOOKS ADORABLE, I LOVE IT, SWIRL!!!!!!!!! :OOOO

    LOVE THIS POST. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. XD!
      Your wolves look awesome though! :o

      Yayyyy, thank you so much!! :D

      Delete

This blog is for Jammers of all ages, so there are some comment rules:
LINKS MUST BE ANIMAL JAM RELATED, AND APPROPRIATE!
Don't post links to unrelated or inappropriate websites, or your comment won't be approved.
NO BAD WORDS!
Comments with swear/curse words will never be approved! Keep your comments clean.
BE NICE!
Keep your comments kind! Constructive criticism is appreciated, but bullying of any kind is not.
NO PERSONAL INFO!
I will not approve comments containing or asking for personally identifiable information!

Thanks for visiting The Animal Jam Artists Collaborative!